No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My irish setters are stupid comfortable for this area. My snake boots aren't as much.

Comment

When you say "hiking" do you just mean "walking long distance" or do you mean "Walking up mountains" or do you mean "Walking long distance with heavy loads?"

I haven't figure out what I would do for the mountains or heavy loads (ankle support) just yet. But for just walking (actually stalking) I so far have enjoyed my Justin Snake Boots that I bought this year for my annual trek down to South Texas.

I am not a big fan of lacing up really tall boots and ankle rub really bothers me after long periods of walking. I just want a boot that fits well in the foot and then relaxed a little everywhere up the ankle. The slip in/zip up Justins are perfect for me. They would of course not do very well if I were packing in tons of gear (a back pack is fine) or if I were trekking up mountains.

Comment

I do 10-20 miles over the weekend but no mountains and its with the weight of my shotgun and backpack. Ankle support and waterproof is jmportant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris Stapleton in New Braunfels August 11th. Anyone planning on going? [emoji847]

Comment

Who's hungry?

Comment

I am!!!

Comment

Andy, I'll be right over!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                  Andy, I'll be right over!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                  I'm starting cage #2. These were freebie coturnix quail the girls at the feed store didn't want anymore. They hooked me up with a breeder of jumbo pharoah coturnix and A&M quail. As soon as the coop is ready, I can get as many as I want from her to raise as freezer stock, trying to build for around 30-40 at a time. I haven't had quail on a bed of rice in a long time.

Comment

I like boot that are comfortable foremost. Do not want anything that will reflect anything either. Need to be somewhat waterproof or resistant. Don't wear snake boots myself, expensive and not at all comfortable for all day use. I am going on a hunt this summer that will require trekking about 10 miles a day for 7 days. The terrain is rough and uneven so the sole has to be rugged. I got mine from Academy a few weeks ago for less than $120.

Comment

I still like my rocky snake boots I bought last year. Very comfortable and water proof. Dull colored camo/material so no reflecting going on.

Comment

I really like my Rocky snake boots. They are perfect at keeping the snakes at bay. But I'll admit, they are not comfortable enough for a 3 mile hike. I ended up with blisters, and I never get blisters. I have backpacked in NM and done 55 miles on one trek and 64 on the next. So I can say without a doubt that quality boots will make or break your adventure.

I ended up getting a light weight hiker for my 3 mile hunt and I'm just gonna have to watch for snakes. At least I won't have blisters. And GoreTex is a must.

Get what's comfortable. Get what fits and what will work for the job at hand. I certainly am not afraid of snakes. But I do have a very healthy respect for them. I handle venomous snakes a lot and know where my limits are. Plus I know what their venoms do. I've never been bit, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Andy, I'll help you with feed anytime for some fresh quail!
                        Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Andy, try the quail eggs....there're pretty darn good.

Comment

I've had enough, I'm hitting the surf at oh dark thirty. Fish are going to die. Work can wait.

Comment

Thanks y'all for all the boot suggestions I'm getting them Friday on my lunch break then I'm going out to the grasslands and camping out Friday night by the roost. Saturday is my hunting day and I'm ****** about the 20 mph winds. I'm hoping to get me that gobbler regardless I'll be ready at 5 am tho..

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                                Thanks y'all for all the boot suggestions I'm getting them Friday on my lunch break then I'm going out to the grasslands and camping out Friday night by the roost. Saturday is my hunting day and I'm ****** about the 20 mph winds. I'm hoping to get me that gobbler regardless I'll be ready at 5 am tho..

Good luck, make it a live hunt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X