SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    Get some long forceps or a hook out tool. Toothy critters are hard to get flies out with out one. If you need any gear, let me know. Rod offer still stands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Yeah... I might be pushing it with the 6" forceps... we'll see. I don't have my hopes up on any success, but trying to be as prepared as possible.

I am hoping the birthday boy connects on something.

Comment

Good luck SR.

Well I finally made it to Midland. Glad that long drive doesn't happen very often. 3-4 days and back home for some white bass action.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
        That works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        What knot you using with this 40# floro to connect to the hook. That stuff is a beast.

Comment

I can't remember the name but you tie an overhand and then take your working end throw it through the eye of the hook come back through your overhand around the standing end 3c times and back through the overhand knot

Comment

Non slip mono loop

Comment

You fly guys are over complicating things. Tie on a red and white Kelly Wiggler and get busy. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                Non slip mono loop

Got it. Learned that one a while back but never used it.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  You fly guys are over complicating things. Tie on a red and white Kelly Wiggler and get busy. Haha
                  It's all about making it look real.

Comment

If anybody is interested. The ASA qualifier is being held in college station Sunday. It's the last local shoot before state championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it was a success. The BDay boy caught a couple fish... all about 10", but I'll take it.

I did eventually bust out the fly rod, but it was futile given the rip rap and not being able to cast beyond it.

Comment

One of these days I'll go with y'all Dmack.

And glad to hear y'all caught some SR.

Comment

Oh how I do love...the smell...of Port Orford Cedar in the mornin. I think you see where this is headed [emoji79]

Comment

Petty

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                              Oh how I do love...the smell...of Port Orford Cedar in the mornin. I think you see where this is headed [emoji79]
                              Wooden arrows are something that I would really like to learn how to use. They are more finicky when it comes to matching the spine to your bow. I want to build a spine tester (I'm not gonna buy one for the amount of money they are asking) and get a tester set of wooden arrows, to determine the correct spine of wooden arrow that matches me and my bow.

Comment

I even have a video on how to make an arrow shaft from raw wood using a dowel maker.
                                Once again, that project is waiting on me to build a spine tester.

Comment

Working...
                                X