SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    It's always been there in the disclaimer. They can call for weather if they have too. If you get zero days in. Your fees are pushed to the next tournament. If you get one day in. They give everyone a two hundred for the day that is missed. It's standard procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But who gets to classify whether it is bad enough to continue ?

Comment

I wonder if my 6 year old daughter will want to go bluegill fishing again tonight? Sunday evening she caught several, while I caught a couple and then packed it in early due to the incoming rain. Last night, she caught more than 2 dozen while I was trying out some new flies.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        But who gets to classify whether it is bad enough to continue ?

Mike Terral. The owner of the Asa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well... she wanted to go! Wasn't the feeding frenzy like yesterday though.

I experimented with fly patterns again. Didn't catch much, but did catch a few this size.

I have been catching alot of these out of this pond... they are largemouth sunfish. I am assuming they are a type of rock bass.

Comment

Very cool SR. One of these days I need to learn to use a Fly Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Well... she wanted to go! Wasn't the feeding frenzy like yesterday though.

I experimented with fly patterns again. Didn't catch much, but did catch a few this size.

I have been catching alot of these out of this pond... they are largemouth sunfish. I am assuming they are a type of rock bass.
              Perfect frying size.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Perfect frying size.
                I would eat them if that grass wasn't so green... if you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  I would eat them if that grass wasn't so green... if you know what I mean
                  Meh, them chemicals help prevent cancer.

Comment

Those are warmouth bass ,they are very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                      Those are warmouth bass ,they are very tasty.
                      Actually they are green sunfish. Although they have several different names.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Green sunfish

Warmouth bass

Very similar in coloration, shape and size. Note the eye color.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with HF... the coloration, etc all match greenies. Rock bass usually have red eyes. Problem is I don't recall greenies having large mouths. Could be a hybrid... could be I haven't caught many large greenies before.

Comment

Which one of these [IMG][/IMG]traditional broadhead would you used on deer?[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Any of the above BC, IMO anyway. I'll prolly use a 2 blade when I start hunting with mine.

Comment

My opinion:

For me 2 vs 3 blade depends on draw weight. I use a 2 blade Zwickey Delta 175gr. I draw 48#@27". I like the 2 blade for that amount of oomph. My arrow weights 540gr, so I am 11 grains per pound (gpp.)

Sharpness is critical. I used to think my broadheads were sharp, until somebody on a my Javi hunt showed me how to make them razor sharp. I've killed a deer now with a "not quite sharp" broadhead. I am more confident now with how sharp they are now.

I personally like non-vented blades or put another way, blades that have a ton of steel behind the edge. In your pics, I'd be looking at the 4 broahdeads on the right that are non vented. I have shot those suckers across rock (sparks flying) and they still didn't curl up. crazy!

Besides the Zwickeys, I have heard great reports from folks on the Tiger "shark" line. The German Kinetics are really good too... but are way above what I am willing to pay for a broadhead.

Comment

Working...
                                X