Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deer are definitely on their feet this morning... had 3 young bucks come cruising by, one of them i grunted in. Also just got a text from a buddy who said he's got a buck on the ground! Good day to be in the Sam-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      The deer are definitely on their feet this morning... had 3 young bucks come cruising by, one of them i grunted in. Also just got a text from a buddy who said he's got a buck on the ground! Good day to be in the Sam-

Well let's see your buddy's deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Well let's see your buddy's deer.
        Im still in the tree... waiting on pics

Comment

Sounds like a **** gun fight between two snipers out here! 10 shots the last fifteen minutes about a mile away from me. Don't think that'll help....

Comment

Not a monster but he'll eat... 14 1/2" 8 pointer

Comment

Congtrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
                Sounds like a **** gun fight between two snipers out here! 10 shots the last fifteen minutes about a mile away from me. Don't think that'll help....
                Probably doesn't even bother the deer. I bet you'll be fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Heres a good one for yall...

So a friend of ours was hunting the Sam this morning. Right at prime time this dude comes creeping through the woods right by his stand. The guy is wearing a Ghillie suit, no hunter orange, crossbow in hand and hes calling with a grunt tube all the while!

I mean what is this guy thinking? If you ask me that's a great way to get shot! Definitely not the brightest fellow in the woods... Anyhow yall be sure of your targets, theres a knucklehead sneaking around dressed like Swamp Thing! Haha

Comment

So a friend of ours was hunting the Sam this morning. Right at prime time this dude comes creeping through the woods right by his stand. The guy is wearing a Ghillie suit, no hunter orange, crossbow in hand and hes calling with a grunt tube all the while!

I mean what is this guy thinking? If you ask me that's a great way to get shot! Definitely not the brightest fellow in the woods... Anyhow yall be sure of your targets, theres a knucklehead sneaking around dressed like Swamp Thing! Haha

That is so completely unsurprising.

Comment

Shnf 16-17

I got a story for you guys!

So last week i started at this spot and a buck comes out well I wasn't able to get a shot or a clear view on him..
                      But I knew he was in this area..
                      So I let the area sit for a whole week.. so I decided I go this morning.
                      Got up around 3:30am got to the woods around 4:50am ran into a guy riding a bike. Shared some cool stories and some really helpful tips..
                      PRETTY COOL GUY.

Finally got to my spot & got ready. Sit down and 20 minutes later does coming to my right.. well I decided I blow a few grunts.. they all split.. so I stand up turn around and start looking around I'm blowing my grunt call every 10-15 mins .. and something tells me to turn around .. I turn around and this nice size buck is less than 20 yards from me.. not even looking anywhere but straight forward walking fast and chest poked out .. looking like he ready to fight! .. my heart start beating & I fumble with getting my bow off the hook on my stand.. then I look up and he behind a bush.. so I blow a grunt & he keeps walking .. I was hopping he would stop and turn and look my way.. NOPE... my luck again another deer gets under my stand and I don't see him till it's too late...
                      this is the 2nd time this has happen to me...

But on the other note got a very good helpful tip from a GW. When you have a deer down and have like a 2 mile walk..
                      I had a pretty good day.. everything I wanted to happen .. happens so I feel like I achieved something ..im
                      Feeling very lucky tomorrow!!!
                      I'm learning more and more about the deer in the Sam ...

Y'all stay safe in the woods!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by stephenccowan; 11-12-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Dangit!! I didn't think anyone would see me in my ghillie suit. Oh well.

Comment

Ever had one of these days?

Comment

That sucks right there

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                              Ever had one of these days?

I'm very sorry I busted out laughing.. that does suck! That why I use a rope..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Pastor is hoping to introduce me to his son in law who is an avid bow hunter in Wisconsin. He hunts public land and thought we would get along. He said if j took him hunting, he'd probably take me hunting in Wisconsin. They said he's shot some big deer.
                                One was a B&C 8 point. I said wow, that must be one heck of a deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X