No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished getting everything ready for Friday. leaving at midday set camp, hunt the afternoon maybe a can shoot a deer on the last day of bow season.

Comment

My brother just posted his big 12 in around the campfire, y'all go check it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damian, Congrats on a good buck. It has been about 10 years now since I have gotten a good buck with my bow. Guess I will have to go with the boom stick now.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I've never shot a buck in bow season. This was a first. Usually I'm thick in the does and generally shoot one or two during bow season. Now, that's over and I can only shoot one doe in the Sam and I'm done. ( I could shoot two more does in muzzleloader season, but I'll be at the Blast and Cast event in Rockport the first weekend and on a muzzleloader hunt the last. So there isn't any other chance for me this year.

I do possibly have an opportunity this weekend on another property and perhaps again the following weekend.
            Just have to see how it all pans out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Around 9:20am gun shots go off .. around 10:30am I hear bullets flying over my head... no water where I was .. only a creek that runs halfway through the forest..

I'm seriously ready to get a lease soon as I can find one.. this has gotten out of control!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenccowan View Post
                Around 9:20am gun shots go off .. around 10:30am I hear bullets flying over my head... no water where I was .. only a creek that runs halfway through the forest..

I'm seriously ready to get a lease soon as I can find one.. this has gotten out of control!

Just wait till tomorrow

Comment

Well gremlins strike again, went to leave work and truck won't go into reverse and now I get to take it to transmission shop and spend crap load of money I would rather spend on hunting as in a climber stand and maybe a hanging stand.

Dreading finding out how much this will cost... might be end of season deal breaker unless wife gets to feeling generous

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    Just wait till tomorrow

Yeah ... nearly ruin my hunt... but I saw 3 doe..
                    50yards away.. &1 @40 yards but didn't hear him till he was under me...

Comment

Shnf 16-17

What does this look like to you guys?

Comment

Is that a trick question? Looking at it on my phone it looks like woods a pine tree and some grass a couple of beauty berry bushes.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                          Is that a trick question? Looking at it on my phone it looks like woods a pine tree and some grass a couple of beauty berry bushes.

Haha...

No a serious question.. does anyone else run into grass pushed down like that?

Comment

Squatch bed!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenccowan View Post
                              Haha...

No a serious question.. does anyone else run into grass pushed down like that?

Didn't see it pushed down as in a bedding area. Pics may be deceiving tho. Just looks like dead grass blown down by the wind. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                                Squatch bed!

That's what I was thinking [emoji57]

Comment

Working...
                                X