X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grats on the deer Trophy!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      Dang it! I just had. Good buck get past me. I couldn't get him to look at me to see how wide hr was. When he finally did I couldn't shoot. Upper 20's deer, 16-18 wide.

Dang it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Dang Huntin ... if that had been me you would have heard me crying in the stand LOL

Comment

Great Scot, will eat well for a while.
        Give me a call, lost all the numbers on my phone, don't have your's, Kevin's or anyones now.

Comment

I'm thinking over cup on the oaks. Meant to try and get a leaf pic. But all the acorns are on the ground....along with the leaves.

Wandering I sent you a PM back a week or so. No worries if you didn't get to it. I know you're busy.

Scott, grats on the doe. Should eat great and with the pig, it's sausage time.

Comment

Overcup Oak

Southern Red Oak
            Last edited by treehound; 11-07-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post

Since we on the subject, check out these big ole swamp white oaks i picked up.. These deer on steroids!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              Bur oak is my guess. They look to big to be swamp white oaks. But hey it's just a guess.
              Last edited by E.TX.BOWHUNTER; 11-07-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Back to some deer hunting, I went out to a new spot this evening and saw 2 does and 2 fawns. Looking for a the big one, he didn't show. It was pretty warm, once I cooled down it was very nice hunt. Going out in the morning for another round.

Comment

Good luck NF

Comment

That's really cool NF, good luck in the morning.

Comment

Hey guys be careful out there specially around 149 area , my truck got vandalized on Sunday morning they broke my window and stole my cell phone , my tomahawk , my Gerber axe,Kershaw knife . they didn't take my shotgun which was under the seat . The good news is that I shot a big eight point today 16.5 inside spread I will post pictures when I get a new phone my buddy took a few pictures .

Comment

Dead gum BC. Bitter sweet day huh. Congrats on the buck!

Comment

BC, I've heard numerous stories about peoples trucks getting broken into. Not just that area either. I try and not leave any valuables in my truck, but you can't take it all with you.

I've been known to leave a trail camera or two out away from my truck to "watch" my truck while I'm in the woods. I hate to hear that.
                          You should give Justin a call and let him know what was taken. You never know when he may run into someone.

Congrats on the deer. Shooting a great deer and then finding your truck like it was is probably a pretty crappy day. Sorry some low life had to ruin your day.

Comment

O, did you try and track your phone? I've got an app that allows me to track it and make it turn on and make a loud noise, no matter what it's set on.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by treehound View Post

Overcup Oak

Southern Red Oak
                              Thanks for the pics. Like I said I couldn't identify which tree had dropped the acorns, but there are literally thousands of them all over and none have been eaten by the deer or pigs. So either they are undesirable or there are plenty of more desirable acorns on the ground still.

Either way, it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                                Thanks for the pics. Like I said I couldn't identify which tree had dropped the acorns, but there are literally thousands of them all over and none have been eaten by the deer or pigs. So either they are undesirable or there are plenty of more desirable acorns on the ground still.

Either way, it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

Overcup will be the last acorns eaten.

Comment

Working...
                                X