Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austex123 View Post
    Man I can not wait to get outta Austin... I'm off at 4pm today and I will have worked a couple hours shy of 60 this week.

Really hoping that I can hunt in peace for a couple days. Will be in the Sam Sunday-Wednesday. Thinking of camping at Cagle and hunting the West side.

txbowhunter31, please tell me you are not on the west side. I am going in somewhat blind, and my main priority is to be as far from other hunters as possible. Some of the stories about bullets wizzing by have me on edge!

I have Google Earthed for about 6 months, so I'd rather take my chances in a different area than get caught up in some cross fire.

Good luck everyone, would love to make some new friends. PM me and I can describe my truck. Thinking of staying at Cagle or Stubblefield.
    I think you will be fine with lots of orange if you want to stay away from hunters, don't hunt close to the camps. Also if cagle and stubblefield are full there is a few places with free camping, Kelly's pond rd, or there is a dirt road across from the ranger office(maybe 208) that also has camp spots. Good luck and drive safe.

Comment

thanks forest-hunter. I'm really hoping that all these shenanigans are only happening close to roads. All the spots I'm heading to are 1 mile plus from the roads... really excited!

Comment

Good job Scott!

Comment

Nice job Scott. Now get to work,haha

Comment

When's last day for doe?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
              When's last day for doe?

Without a permit was yesterday goofy.

Comment

Boo glad I gave those 2 a pass

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Boo glad I gave those 2 a pass

Lol.

Comment

I had to move to Stubblefield 2 guys walked up on the area I was in a climbed up 100 yrds away from me like they did care, Stubblefield has a ton of squirrels

Comment

I'm
                      Surprised nobody heard a loud MOTHER F.. echo in the woods.. lol I fell out of the tree trying to move my stand.. I was about 20ft up.. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenccowan View Post
                          I'm
                          Surprised nobody heard a loud MOTHER F.. echo in the woods.. lol I fell out of the tree trying to move my stand.. I was about 20ft up.. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! ...

Holy crap! What kind of tree? You're lucky you didn't break something!

Comment

Glad your ok. You had your harness on?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                              Holy crap! What kind of tree? You're lucky you didn't break something!

Uh I guess a pine tree lol Yeah I know right but I'm all good . I was trying to be a ninja and move my stand

Comment

Shnf 16-17

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                                Glad your ok. You had your harness on?

No I was trying to be a ninja and move my stand to a new tree but fast and the incorrect way.. never rush it is what I learned today

Comment

Working...
                                X