No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son and I went scouting today. We found poo, haha. Not sure from what.

And then we found an area where there was three skulls from hogs. Area was full of bones scattered around 10 yards.

Well enough scouting for the day. Learning every time i go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pelochas -- Looks like you and your son had an awesome day in the woods, keep up the good work!

Rudy -- Did you find your critter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to keep y'all waiting and the suspense going no worries it was just a doe..... but for the story..

Got to my buddies private land Fri. He help e set my climber up between a oak thicket and a pasture. Deer traveled through there frequently but I didn't see any first afternoon sit. That night we got a text that the land owners sun wanted to hunt the trail I was although I was bummed my morning hunt was cut off but knew back up plan and stand was a good option as well. On my way in I jumped a few deer feeding in hand tossed corn on another trail leading to bedding.. they scatter and all goes quiet. 40 min later 6 does walk single file to me but I'm in a stand that I couldn't stand and turn in and I'm left handed I couldn't shoot to my left. Deer got a pass and headed to bed. My buddy told me he seen a few cross the pipeline like every morning headed to another pasture from a thicket. I set my stand up accordingly mid day cleared some branches and shooting lane climbed down and gather tools...looked up and a big does was just looking at us....lol go figure....that evening I seen three does but stepped out out of range and headed to pasture away from me. This morning I got in 30 min earlier than sat morning and waited for day light. At 658 I heard a deer walking up down wind from me and readied myself for day light. Sure enough a big ol doe steps out and feeds on hand tossed corn for about 10 min a drew twice but didn't release due to not enough lite I ranged her at 16 yards and impatiently waited another 5 min for enough lite to shoot... all went well she gave me a perfect slightly quartering away shot at 14 yards. The swhacker broadhea didn't even get a full pass through but I followed a texas sized blood trail over 4 different tracks of property which has is why I didn't have time to post story. I had to call a few land owners get permission which is good because I made friends who respected my decisions and invited me to hunt their properties any time. I never had a deer run this far with such a shot. I'll be looking into fix blades from now on.

Comment

Congrats Rudy. I too have switched to fixed blade.

Now who's hunting the Sam in the am? I'm not talking about private land, cheaters. (Hehe!) I'll be out there most of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
            Congrats Rudy. I too have switched to fixed blade.

Now who's hunting the Sam in the am? I'm not talking about private land, cheaters. (Hehe!) I'll be out there most of the day.
            I wish i was.... and miss the feel of sweet serenity and relief. Don't see it happening any time soon. Such a bummer

Comment

My favorite time to hunt the sam is when all the hunters pressure it up and late season I get em in the thick stuff. Just my preference

Comment

Job well done Rudy. Way to get it done.

Dang Piney, that's a tough day right there.

Orlando, did you find someone's dumping ground for hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                  I wish i was.... and miss the feel of sweet serenity and relief. Don't see it happening any time soon. Such a bummer
                  That woman can handle them boys. That's HER job anyway. You bring home the bacon and you need to bring home some venison. (Just kidding Nicole! )

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    That woman can handle them boys. That's HER job anyway. You bring home the bacon and you need to bring home some venison. (Just kidding Nicole! )
                    It would be easier if it were just the wife and kids. She wants me to bring home deer. Unfortunately there's a whole lot more at play

Comment

He was begging for it. But little man gets a pass.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 10-23-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
                        He was begging for it. But little man gets a pass.
                        ???

Comment

**** photo size was to big, had to work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            Job well done Rudy. Way to get it done.

Dang Piney, that's a tough day right there.

Orlando, did you find someone's dumping ground for hogs?

Oh it gets better. Same spot this evening had a doe come in at 8 yards. Pulled back and she locked on to me. Out of there like speedy gonzales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't eat horns jimmy. Lol.

And dang Jason, all the good luck today.

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                                Sorry to keep y'all waiting and the suspense going no worries it was just a doe..... but for the story..

Got to my buddies private land Fri. He help e set my climber up between a oak thicket and a pasture. Deer traveled through there frequently but I didn't see any first afternoon sit. That night we got a text that the land owners sun wanted to hunt the trail I was although I was bummed my morning hunt was cut off but knew back up plan and stand was a good option as well. On my way in I jumped a few deer feeding in hand tossed corn on another trail leading to bedding.. they scatter and all goes quiet. 40 min later 6 does walk single file to me but I'm in a stand that I couldn't stand and turn in and I'm left handed I couldn't shoot to my left. Deer got a pass and headed to bed. My buddy told me he seen a few cross the pipeline like every morning headed to another pasture from a thicket. I set my stand up accordingly mid day cleared some branches and shooting lane climbed down and gather tools...looked up and a big does was just looking at us....lol go figure....that evening I seen three does but stepped out out of range and headed to pasture away from me. This morning I got in 30 min earlier than sat morning and waited for day light. At 658 I heard a deer walking up down wind from me and readied myself for day light. Sure enough a big ol doe steps out and feeds on hand tossed corn for about 10 min a drew twice but didn't release due to not enough lite I ranged her at 16 yards and impatiently waited another 5 min for enough lite to shoot... all went well she gave me a perfect slightly quartering away shot at 14 yards. The swhacker broadhea didn't even get a full pass through but I followed a texas sized blood trail over 4 different tracks of property which has is why I didn't have time to post story. I had to call a few land owners get permission which is good because I made friends who respected my decisions and invited me to hunt their properties any time. I never had a deer run this far with such a shot. I'll be looking into fix blades from now on.
                                Good job finding your deer! and Thanks for the advice on broadheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X