No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG John!!! I bout fell out of my chair with that one!!!

Comment

I'm not trying to be argumentative I just don't like seeing misinformation being spreed. Education is key!

Comment

msudeerlab.com/mobile/ecology.asp
        This is university research done by MSU which is the leading name in deer research

Comment

Originally posted by Jmichaelm View Post
          I understand the confusion but I can't take anyone serious who believes the moon has any affect on whitetail behavior. Temperature and photoperiod are what affect whitetail behavior. Photoperiod the period of time each day during which an organism receives illumination; day length. It's what signals the hormones in the whitetail to rise up and the result is increased testosterone and does going in to estrous

You are correct sir. The most intensive studies on deer activity over decades has proved weather is the deciding factor in deer movement. I put no confidence in moon phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmichaelm View Post
            msudeerlab.com/mobile/ecology.asp
            This is university research done by MSU which is the leading name in deer research
            Leading shmeading...

Just curious who all this is directed at? And im still looking for these "moon" comments? Im with HuntinFool on this one..

I dont know jack about no city slicker college studies, i base all my theories on what i have personally witnessed in the woods. Makes no difference to me if you dont believe there's a 2nd a 3rd or a 52nd rut... one less knucklehead in the woods as far as im concerned. CHEERS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

These "city slicker college studies" actually use gps trackers on free ranging deer and use scientific data. While personal observations are anecdotal. While your personal observations are true that is only one data point from one point of view. I will be in the woods during the rut and when the temps and wind direction are right for the deer that I am targeting.

Comment

Count me in HF's corner as well.

I don't buy peak activity in the Sam being mid November either. It doesn't jive with what I've witnessed with my own two eyes.

As far as hunting by the moon goes......I will hunt in the middle of the day on Full/New Moons and somebody needs to tell all those deer I've killed on a quarter moon rising in the evenings that they weren't supposed to be moving then.

Comment

45lbs of goodness.
                  Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hold on guys, I'm taking notes on this rut stuff.

Comment

Well, send me the Cliff notes when your done!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                        I don't buy peak activity in the Sam being mid November either.
                        Well if you'd hunt at night like every other east TX hunter you'd know mid-November is perfect. Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          Hold on guys, I'm taking notes on this rut stuff.
                          Good. After 32 years of deer hunting I can finally learn from something I read on the internet.

Bonjour!

Comment

The reason you don't see much activity in mid November is cause 25 percent of the does are being breed the bucks are locked down with the does. Deers visibility increases weeks before the peak of the rut and the weeks following the peak because they are actively searching out does to breed. Deer are crepuscular most activity occurs at dusk and dawn. I don't understand why people are so resistant to new information, especially when it's scientific. My advice for this weekend is to hunt fresh scrapes near known bedding areas as scrape activity is pretty high

Comment

Got it.

Comment

Most boys learn at a young age that all girls have this thing called a cycle, not rocket science and nothing you need a degree to understand... regardless of what triggers it, whether it be photo period or a bumpy ride on the school bus.. Once its set into motion it is then forever influenced by the moon (every 28 days give or take). I think people try to make things more complicated than they actually are. Just hunt hard and nature will gradually reveal her little secrets to those that diligently pursue them-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X