• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me , I will be on call

Comment

I prolly will in the morning

Comment

I should be out Sunday by myself. Sherry will be in brownwood.

Comment

I will be hunting the San and some other spots all week[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be there Saturday all day long!!!

Comment

congrats to the guys with the opening week kills and ldp's! Pretty sure i seen Dmack a few weeks ago at the free archery range in spring down by texas archery shooting the 70 yard target.....

Anyways i haven't been able to hunt the forest yet this year due to daddy duty then the wife got sick and i played hubby/daddy duty all week.

I got the opportunity to hunt a private piece of land opening weekend of bow season this year...but i hate to say it was a awful experience probably the worst i ever had hunting.... i look past the negative and thank god for letting me have the opportunity to even be in the woods or getting an invite to a sweet little piece of land...

long story short im looking forward to next weekend as ill be back up in van zzandt county trying to put it on a mature 9 or just whack a doe before i go back home and finish out a buck chasing season yet again in the shnf! good luck boys ill be debating all night if i should hit the woods out there....

Comment

Well I'll be there Saturday and Sunday morning and maybe an evening hunt if the weather's nice.

Tod, you off all week starting Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                  Well I'll be there Saturday and Sunday morning and maybe an evening hunt if the weather's nice.

Tod, you off all week starting Saturday?
                  Yes sir. I'm in a tree right now looking for a slick head. I'm soaked but here. I'm looking forward to the morning hunt!

Comment

Roostar-- way to stay positive, you will get it done I'm sure.

Comment

Good luck, Tod!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                        Roostar-- way to stay positive, you will get it done I'm sure.

Thanks Todd.... Have to say opening weekend i did see one doe but she had a fresh late season fawn.... coyotes are thick out where im hunting in fact i seen one right after day break which i squeaked in to 50 yards but i don't have a pin set for it and didn't want to risk losing a perfectly good arrow.

Sat morning was quiet feeder was set to go off way to early for my liking no deer just one coyote.... went to a thing they called trade days on first Monday out there for lunch seeing the wife wanted to go out and do something... got a text on my buddies phone saying another guy who has permission during rifle season was out by the feeder building on to the blind....of course thats agitating... got home guy had left and was sorry he went in there....ok so i gear up for pm hunt on sat and i get in around 520 or so.... hear a atv comin its the neighbor (son of the guy building a stand on my buddies property) he was wasted with a buddy of his and a young lady.... he was like oh you're hunting i said yea i plan on it.... he replied well ima shoot hope you dont mind i said yea i do mind im trying to kill a deer in bow season dude....

yall could imagine the words i was about to unleash to a wasted armed guy on property he had no permission to be on... well lucky for him and me his bud said no lets let him hunt and they left...ok so about 3o min rolls by i kept hearing fire trucks etc which isn't common out there in the middle of no where....my buddy runs down the trail to the stand and says wild fire coming just wanted to warn you ( i don't take a phone with me while i hunt) so i was ticked off bout to get out had about 3 hrs of daylight left but decided to wait it out and see if anything would happen.... to my surprise i had a slick head with a fresh fawn hit the outside edge of the feeder. mamma was super skid-dish with all the activity and noise she wasnt having it and pulled out which the baby fawn fallowed. sun was another beautiful morning with no action so i climbed down early to head home and catch the end of the texans game...

looking forward to next weekend think ima let the weekend warriors have the forest this weekend ill pull in this coming week sometime.

Sorry for the long read and rant.

Comment

Wasn't me rooster. I never go there. Just texas archery( Bowzone) for indoors. But if he looked like me he must have been good looking. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                            Wasn't me rooster. I never go there. Just texas archery( Bowzone) for indoors. But if he looked like me he must have been good looking. [emoji1]
                            Doubt it, he said he looked like you [emoji15] [emoji59] [emoji60] [emoji61] [emoji62] [emoji63] [emoji102] [emoji107] [emoji108]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                              You must have your beer goggles on again Daniel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Up & set. Good luck to everyone hunting. From what I hear it's been late am for movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X