No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Damian said, we need to report these things to the game wardens when we find them. A little advice to new guys, get to know the local game wardens. When you meet them, and you will, remember they're there to help us and keep others in line. Call operation game thief if you see baiting going on. The number is 1-800-792-4263. They can't do anything about what's goin on if we don't report it. We have a great warden on the east side. Remember it's our hunting area so let's help keep it the way it should be.

Comment

I can honesty say in over 15 years of hunting the Sam ive never once been stopped or checked by a GW... the only time i ever even see them is at the mandatory deer check station up at Stubblefield. I hunt on the West side though. Maybe its different in your area, but they dont have much of a presence here that i have seen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been checked a bunch of times on the West side. Always the State GW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
          I've been checked a bunch of times on the West side. Always the State GW.

Us also. But don't think nothing of it.

Comment

I've been stopped twice in 3 yrs on the west side . Both times they where nice and friendly.

Comment

Interesting... guess everyone has had different experiences with the GWs. I dont see em as much as some of you guys, i tend to hunt out of the way spots. Wish they WOULD come around more though and put a damper on some of these Yahoos and their illegal activities! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of the time when I get checked, it's after General season starts.

Comment

I'll probly make 1 or 2 hunts during bow season, got an invite to a buddies 100 acre land, but I'll probly never give up on the SAM

Comment

I haven't seen anything but log trucks and more log trucks. This cloud cover is great, keeping the temps down.

Comment

That hog trap might be legal. You can get a permit to trap hogs and you'll be assigned a certain area to set traps. Of course your traps have to meet the Forest Service standards. At least, this used to be the case...

Comment

Pretty quiet today. Guess everyone saw what I saw. LOL.… Seemed like a late movement this morning. Everyone I've heard from either didn't see jack or saw something on the way out. Like me at 11oclock driving out I saw a buck and a doe crossing the road close to my area. Only action I saw this mornin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E.TEXAS4LIFE View Post
                          Pretty quiet today. Guess everyone saw what I saw. LOL.… Seemed like a late movement this morning. Everyone I've heard from either didn't see jack or saw something on the way out. Like me at 11oclock driving out I saw a buck and a doe crossing the road close to my area. Only action I saw this mornin.
                          I saw the same thing......................minus the buck and the doe that is.

Comment

I was excited to hunt my new spot I have been scouting . When I got there this morning 3 trucks parked there already. Not a gate or road or trail just a little beat down path.had to go to pland b. Just like it sounds for others I saw nothing . I thought the cool temps may get them up but i guess not this morning

Comment

This time of year evenings seem to be more productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                This time of year evenings seem to be more productive.
                                I bought a project house in the nf a couple of weeks ago so I'm staying there this year instead of camping. I was getting some last minute target practice in from the roof yesterday and 4 doe came up to 30 feet away with me talking and being loud. Hiked out to one of my spots this morning and nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X