No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. My name is Dmack. I am new to the forest. I have not hunted much this year. So I thought maybe someone can let me use their spot. Not a doe spot. But a big buck spot. Just pm me if you can help a newbie out.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      Be careful saying that, our resident biologist will correct you. There is only one rut! Remember?

BTW, I agree.

Tapatalk
      I forgot that we had a resident biologist on the thread. Maybe he can help me find big deer to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
        Hi. My name is Dmack. I am new to the forest. I have not hunted much this year. So I thought maybe someone can let me use their spot. Not a doe spot. But a big buck spot. Just pm me if you can help a newbie out.
        Pole only is your guy, he can help you out!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
          I forgot that we had a resident biologist on the thread. Maybe he can help me find big deer to hunt?
          Yep.. and yall dont forget that a Does cycle is every 29.625 days not 28

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not the resident biologist here, but I am a biologist and rest assured as long as there is a doe that comes into heat the bucks will chase. Technically there is a certain time frame within each region that the majority of the does will come into heat and be bred. Of course some does are missed and cycle again in 28 days and will eventually be bred. Nothing is as it was 15 to 20 years ago. We are seeing bucks holding antlers later into the season, does bred and dropping fawns throughout the summer into the fall. It changes what we technically know the rut to have been, and changed it to something a tad different. I have two friends who hunt east Texas and both killed very good bucks this weekend chasing does. Remember the rut the is over in east Texas or is it? Good hunting to all.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
              Yep.. and yall dont forget that a Does cycle is every 29.625 days not 28
              Maybe, We have two resident biologist on the thread? Surely one can help me find a good spot? Lol jk

Comment

And here it starts up again. Lord help us all

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                  I am not the resident biologist here, but I am a biologist and rest assured as long as there is a doe that comes into heat the bucks will chase. Technically there is a certain time frame within each region that the majority of the does will come into heat and be bred. Of course some does are missed and cycle again in 28 days and will eventually be bred. Nothing is as it was 15 to 20 years ago. We are seeing bucks holding antlers later into the season, does bred and dropping fawns throughout the summer into the fall. It changes what we technically know the rut to have been, and changed it to something a tad different. I have two friends who hunt east Texas and both killed very good bucks this weekend chasing does. Remember the rut the is over in east Texas or is it? Good hunting to all.
                  Thanks for the info Bulltx, and to my knowledge we have one more rut left in hunting season. It will be around Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    And here it starts up again. Lord help us all
                    I was joking Dmack, we know we only have one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                      I was joking Dmack, we know we only have one. Lol

I know you where. I was referring to the other Yahoo!'s

Comment

Typically that secondary rut happens around late December and maybe with a couple of freezes before then to knock out some of this winter browse, you might see some chasing. North Texas we are dealing with above average rainfall this winter, mild temps, that dang harvest moon, wheat that was planted and replanted three times (tender wheat in December) by some because of army worms and pastures that are as green as spring time. Big bucks are locked down, nocturnal and don't have to travel far to eat. Beats the heck out of a drought.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          Pole only is your guy, he can help you out!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          That's one piece of wood D will gayly strap his climber to.

Comment

Geez I need to kill something. I'm going nuts here.

Oops. I said nuts.

Comment

Can somebody tell me how is Friday looking. Freezing weather, not much change in temp from morning to evening. Did i mention i hate cold weather. Will anything be moving out there except for my shivering knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                                Can somebody tell me how is Friday looking. Freezing weather, not much change in temp from morning to evening. Did i mention i hate cold weather. Will anything be moving out there except for my shivering knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Frankly I've found that deer around here won't move well when it's too cold (they're like us: not accustomed to it). I think Friday late morning and in to the afternoon will be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X