• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the hog Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      You gotta love slow pigs. Nice work.
      I have never seen a slow pig in the forest. Only when a big tree is in their way will they will stop for a few seconds. I have seen them clear trees that are 4 feet in diameter. The only thing they can't do is turn hard. I got lucky with this one . Nothing in his way but he ran thru an opening of about 5 feet. That was all I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        I have never seen a slow pig in the forest. Only when a big tree is in their way will they will stop for a few seconds. I have seen them clear trees that are 4 feet in diameter. The only thing they can't do is turn hard. I got lucky with this one . Nothing in his way but he ran thru an opening of about 5 feet. That was all I needed.
        Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job on the pig!

Comment

Congrats Tim!

Comment

Congrats Tim.
              Spent time in the stand this morning, thought I had a pig coming in, then the mighty armadillos made their appearance. Think should have stayed, got home to honey-does now.

Comment

I'm borrowing a buddies spot. He's been seeing a steady supply of does in his area and my area seems to be dry.

He went hunting today and his buddy shot a doe with his rifle. They took it up the ridge and quartered it out there.

Should I hunt it tomorrow morning? I've not had a lot of success hunting a spot after someone shot a deer there.
                With a bow I wouldn't even think twice. But with the rifle, I'm just not sure.

What's y'alls opinion?

It's about a mile or so hike in ( maybe a tad more) .
                I've only got a doe tag. I haven't sat my normal area since I shot my buck in Oct. So it's had a rest. However I haven't seen even one doe there ( where normally I see plenty of does there)

Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  I'm borrowing a buddies spot. He's been seeing a steady supply of does in his area and my area seems to be dry.

He went hunting today and his buddy shot a doe with his rifle. They took it up the ridge and quartered it out there.

Should I hunt it tomorrow morning? I've not had a lot of success hunting a spot after someone shot a deer there.
                  With a bow I wouldn't even think twice. But with the rifle, I'm just not sure.

What's y'alls opinion?

It's about a mile or so hike in ( maybe a tad more) .
                  I've only got a doe tag. I haven't sat my normal area since I shot my buck in Oct. So it's had a rest. However I haven't seen even one doe there ( where normally I see plenty of does there)

Decisions, decisions.

I've seen it go both ways on that type of deal. Seen big bucks shot out of the same stand back to back... but then again I've seen an area messed up for weeks after a shot... kind of a toss up, but Good Luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                    I've seen it go both ways on that type of deal. Seen big bucks shot out of the same stand back to back... but then again I've seen an area messed up for weeks after a shot... kind of a toss up, but Good Luck!

I hear ya. There is a bedding area that's about 200 yards from several white oaks dropping acorns. Deer are traveling back and forth.

Comment

I'd hunt the spot this evening, it is a toss up, But l've shot deer back to back in the same stand before.

Comment

I don't believe the shots bother the deer as do hunters sneaking through the forest. The deer hear shots often, see people also. But as people "sneak" through the forest, they are identified as predators and therefore a danger.

Comment

Girlfriend and I are hunting the Sam since Wednesday. Her first ever hunt. She drew a doe tag. Man this is thick compared to the national forest I hunt. Saw a buck this morning didn't see how big. Girlfriend said she saw the rump of a deer just a few minutes ago but that's all the action we have had. Frustrating going to a new forest and hunting without being able to do some prescouting.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                            I'd hunt the spot this evening, it is a toss up, But l've shot deer back to back in the same stand before.
                            I agree with you and ambush. Toss up. That being said, I'd hunt that spot even though one was killed today.

Comment

Had a doe come through at 7 this morning.. few minutes ago a youngish bladed Spike passed by at 30yds and picked up her trail. Eventful this morning, they definitely movin-

Comment

I stayed home and went to church. Next weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X