No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys with all your crazy rules!!!! Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
      Deer everywhere this weekend. We saw over 30. Most were does. 6 were bucks. Not a single spike among them. Small 4 and 6 pointers. However on Sunday a big racked 6 came by at 50 yards from right to left. I whistled, grunted, bleeted nothing would stop him. Tall tines and deep forks. He had a small body from my view. I could never get him to look my direction. I could not see 13" on him from the side so he walked on by. I sure hope someone does not get tempted to ground check this one. He will be a good one next year.
      Sounds a bunch like the 6 point I saw. I did manage to get him to look at me for a split second and he was just inside his ears.

He got walked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

My buck didn't have a small body though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Need a caddy to carry your stand and bow to the tree?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          Sure, if you dont mind wearing a blindfold [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
            Sure, if you dont mind wearing a blindfold [emoji41]

Ok, but I'm holding on to your belt loop....until I hear a zipper then it's every man for himself!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              Ok, but I'm holding on to your belt loop....until I hear a zipper then it's every man for himself!

Bahaha... Rolling on the floor over here!

Comment

I am curious about antler restrictions. This is my first year hunting anywhere where they are in affect so I have never really had to pay attention to it (from a legality standpoint). I also want it to be known that I am a definitely pro antler restrictions as everywhere else I have hunted on private land there have been even stricter restrictions placed on deer due to management practices of landowners. That being said if someone shoots an "illegal" deer and proper authorities are alerted or find out etc, what are the consequences. Would it be the same as say killing out of season, or without a license? Im just curious because without consequences it seems it would be like some people would shoot an "illegal" buck and have the " ooops!!" excuse with the warden.

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
                  I am curious about antler restrictions. This is my first year hunting anywhere where they are in affect so I have never really had to pay attention to it (from a legality standpoint). I also want it to be known that I am a definitely pro antler restrictions as everywhere else I have hunted on private land there have been even stricter restrictions placed on deer due to management practices of landowners. That being said if someone shoots an "illegal" deer and proper authorities are alerted or find out etc, what are the consequences. Would it be the same as say killing out of season, or without a license? Im just curious because without consequences it seems it would be like some people would shoot an "illegal" buck and have the " ooops!!" excuse with the warden.
                  I can answer this question from first-hand experience.. s

Several years ago I took a 9 pointer in the Davy Crockett National Forest that measured 12 1/2" inside.. of course it's not like we're fishing here where you can just let the thing go because it's not a "keeper"... I tagged him and drug the deer back to camp. I'll be dern if the game warden did not show up right in the middle of me quartering the deer up. I received 2 violations plus restitution of the deer. When all was said and done the grand total was at or around $1,000!!! You better believe I'm not shooting anything even CLOSE to 13 inches in the future... LESSON LEARNED-

Comment

Several years ago I took a 9 pointer in the Davy Crockett National Forest that measured 12 1/2" inside.. of course it's not like we're fishing here where you can just let the thing go because it's not a "keeper"... I tagged him and drug the deer back to camp. I'll be dern if the game warden did not show up right in the middle of me quartering the deer up. I received 2 violations plus restitution of the deer. When all was said and done the grand total was at or around $1,000!!! You better believe I'm not shooting anything even CLOSE to 13 inches in the future... LESSON LEARNED-

1 Grand! oh hell naw... i been watching tv's Lone Star Law and Wardens just to avoid any violations

Comment

Wow! Sorry that happened but good to know. I knew there had to be some sort of penalty since a law with no repercussions doesn't make sense. I just couldn't find what the penalties were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
                        Wow! Sorry that happened but good to know. I knew there had to be some sort of penalty since a law with no repercussions doesn't make sense. I just couldn't find what the penalties were.

Oh ya there are definitely repercussions.. There's a set fine amount for whatever violations you have committed, but the real kicker like I mentioned before is they actually put a dollar amount on the deer and assess restitution for the animal as well. In my case I believe I had around $300 in fines and they charged me $700 restitution for the buck... it was major learning experience for me and my entire group that day-

Comment

Oh ya there are definitely repercussions.. There's a set fine amount for whatever violations you have committed, but the real kicker like I mentioned before is they actually put a dollar amount on the deer and assess restitution for the animal as well. In my case I believe I had around $300 in fines and they charged me $700 restitution for the buck... it was major learning experience for me and my entire group that day-

At least he let you keep the buck. A lot of times they get confiscated on top of the fines.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            At least he let you keep the buck. A lot of times they get confiscated on top of the fines.
                            Oh no... He took deer too! Sorry, forgot to mention that-

Comment

Oh no... He took deer too! Sorry, forgot to mention that-

Evidence. I'm sure he did. That's a bad day all around. I've shot a couple that I was sure were bigger than they were. Luckily they made the 13.

I've had my chances at bigger bucks, but it seems something always happens.

Comment

Did you get any suspension on hunting license?

Comment

Working...
                                X