No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess... Prefer seeing you with your bow across a nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
      When you guys going to post LDPs? Deer slow this year or you all waiting for the right deer?
      I haven't seen a single deer. So it's been slow for me.

Comment

Close??

Comment

Hey guys! I've got two things: 1. any tips for a newbie at TBR and 2nd. I was at Unit 1 on Monday and when I got back, someone had shot out my back window with a BB gun. I saw a silver jeep liberty stopped by my truck as I was coming back but they sped off before I got back. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the near future.
          Last edited by AngeloBow48; 10-15-2015, 09:39 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloBow48 View Post
            Hey guys! I've got two things: 1. any tips for a newbie at TBR and 2nd. I was at Unit 1 on Monday and when I got back, someone had shot out my back window with a BB gun. I saw a silver jeep liberty stopped by my truck as I was coming back but they sped off before I got back. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the near future.
            Try to find something off the roads and something that looks like deer travel through often.

Did you report the vandalism to the police?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Try to find something off the roads and something that looks like deer travel through often.

Did you report the vandalism to the police?
              No because despite thinking I saw a culprit, there were multiple vehicles driving by and the damage was just to the one window. It'll be an easy fix for my pops and I. Just gonna stay away from unit 1 now.

Comment

With regards to the actual hunting part, once I think I find a decent spot should I just set up a makeshift blind and start the waiting game? Sorry if these questions seem common, I'm just new to the public land scene. I usually hunt on my buddy's lease back home in Houston. Just never get back there enough to fulfill the need to hunt.

Comment

Unit 1 has the biggest deer though... Gotta get farther back in there and you'll have great luck come to the island with us plenty of room

Comment

JD, pm me so I can get in touch with you and see if there's anyway I could tag along. Heck, my schedule is so busy with school and football that I only got about an hour and a half worth of hunting this evening.

Comment

Who's gonna be out tomorrow? I'm going out with a teammate early in the AM.

Comment

I can't post pictures yet, but I found a dog roaming around deep in section 3 around noon today. I believe it is a miniature Australian Shepherd. There is pic posted on helpmegethome.com

Comment

Good man

Comment

Had 3 doe come running from behind a tree today at my setup...was looking toward the feed I put out, next thing I know I heard rustling and saw 3 white butts running away. Kinda sounds like my love life when I first started college. Dunno if they got spooked or not, but definitely like that setup.

Comment

Hi,
                              New to San Angelo, and this site. Great info all around and I'm just looking to re-ignite what looks like an older post. It won't let me start a new one, so here goes nothing. Hopefully we can start sharing more info again on the "Buttes" area! Thanks guys!

Edited: As soon as I posted this, new posts started coming through. Apologies and looking forward to catching up on the 2015 action on here.
                              Last edited by TxBowman2015; 10-20-2015, 12:21 PM. Reason: New info seen.

Comment

Is anyone going out during the week this week? I'm thinking about heading out to get ahead of weekend traffic. I'm only familiar with area 5 and some of 4, so if anyone has some insight to some better areas I'd be all ears for some advice or company.

Comment

Working...
                                X