No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys i will be moving out to san angelo next year in sept. What is some advice y'all can I've a guy who is new to the area i have hunted leases in mason county and all around there but never public land!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Come scout!

Comment

ok lol how big is the hunting area out there is there enough area to really get out and away from other people? or is it very busy and jumbled up with hunters?

Comment

Originally posted by bstone1103 View Post
          ok lol how big is the hunting area out there is there enough area to really get out and away from other people? or is it very busy and jumbled up with hunters?
          Its almost 9,000 acres! Just gotta work to get set up. Everyone is lazy and sets up at easy spots

Comment

Oh wow ok so if your willing to put in the work then you can get some good hunting out of there! which areas do you like to hunt!!

Comment

Subscibed

Comment

Nice

Comment

Just a heads up, you may have a couple of pics of me on your cameras out to Section 5 today. i was looking for a spot to sit tonight and came across a couple of your stands and cameras.

Is anyone going to be out there tonight? Do not want to interrupt anyone's hunting.

I was thinking about giving it a shot.
                  Last edited by benwhite34; 12-28-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benwhite34 View Post
                    Just a heads up, you may have a couple of pics of me on your cameras out to Section 5 today. i was looking for a spot to sit tonight and came across a couple of your stands and cameras.

Is anyone going to be out there tonight? Do not want to interrupt anyone's hunting.

I was thinking about giving it a shot.
                    There has been alot of bow hunters and shotgun hunters out there. Too crowded for me but they have taken deer. Good luck

Comment

hey JRGRANADO which section do you recommend for a guy who bow hunts and doesn't mind actually working and going out into the brush?

Comment

Originally posted by bstone1103 View Post
                        hey JRGRANADO which section do you recommend for a guy who bow hunts and doesn't mind actually working and going out into the brush?
                        Area 1 has bad roads and some people but ya can make ot work, I hunt 2 but there are alot of people but lots of deer, 3 is same as 2, area 4 is spread out, 5 is nice but small and crowded, 6 never really tried nor 7

Comment

Havent been out there but some friends have been getting some kills. Hows the action?

Comment

Dropped a doe Saturday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by JRGRANADO View Post
                              Dropped a doe Saturday morning!

Nice

Comment

I am hoping this will repost the map that JD posted. As told to me by the game warden if you look at the map and unit 5 there is no public land on the west side of the riverbed. The land owner on the west side of the unit and the river claims he owns the west side bank down to the middle of the riverbed. He and the game warden walk the fence line and west bank of the river and will confiscate any blinds feeders etc... They are getting serious and talking about criminal trespassing and or hunting without landowner permission tickets etc... So just a fair warning to any guys that have hunted over there or are considering it next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X