THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

October 23rd (end of dove season) can't get here fast enough!!! So that we can hunt in peace out here!!

Comment

dove hunting area 4

We hunted area 4 last year and the dove hunting wasn't that bad. However there is a surge this year of disrespectful hunters. Me and the group I hunt with are on our stands no later than 0600 in the am and no later than 5 pm for the after noon hunt. It never failed when I would sit the spot that I had scoped out for a while, about an hour before sunset several hunters are walking all over the land. people talking yelling. I don't understand. Is anyone else having this problem out here. I thought that there was at least some type of hunters code of conduct and I also remember when I took hunters ed several years back taking about respect in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
        1 doe down
        Dang JD, did you use one of those Bo Duke exploding broadheads?

Good shot, bro!!'

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
          Well has anyone done any good out there this year yet got a friend has killed a doe. And was curious if anyone has seen pigs or any signs of hogs out there
          No hogs in TBR that I have seen. Closest one was dead on the road between Knickerbocker and Christoval.

Comment

Sux but that is the reason they call it public land hunting.the moon phase is fixing to not help at all
            Last edited by rbertman; 10-09-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Swhacker broadheads

Originally posted by Okie in Texas View Post
              Dang JD, did you use one of those Bo Duke exploding broadheads?

Good shot, bro!!'
              That's why I shoot Swhackers... they get in they get out and get the job done... How's your season going Todd?

Comment

Which part of area iv

Originally posted by SLICK-PSE_330 View Post
                We hunted area 4 last year and the dove hunting wasn't that bad. However there is a surge this year of disrespectful hunters. Me and the group I hunt with are on our stands no later than 0600 in the am and no later than 5 pm for the after noon hunt. It never failed when I would sit the spot that I had scoped out for a while, about an hour before sunset several hunters are walking all over the land. people talking yelling. I don't understand. Is anyone else having this problem out here. I thought that there was at least some type of hunters code of conduct and I also remember when I took hunters ed several years back taking about respect in the woods.
                Not to be all in your business about your honey hole, but which general area of Area 4 were you hunting last year? 12 mile area? whites dam? somewhere in between?

There is a code of conduct!

How the hell do you teach idiots respect? DON'T take me wrong... I enjoy hunting dove and shooting my fair share of shots, drinking beer and listening to music and having a good time! BUT When it comes to bowhunting, shi t gets serious

Comment

area 4 is getting ridiculous. Every time I go and get set up everyone and their dog starts to show up really need to find a better area just don't know where to start looking.

Comment

Yeah!! I dont know what happened. Last year there wasnt many people out there. The best thing to do is get in the thick part and wait for those idiots to scare the deer to hide and they walk or run to your stand. Get them does to stop at your stand with food and the bucks WILL follow. Thats the only way tohunt all of twin buttes. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                      Not to be all in your business about your honey hole, but which general area of Area 4 were you hunting last year? 12 mile area? whites dam? somewhere in between?

There is a code of conduct!

How the hell do you teach idiots respect? DON'T take me wrong... I enjoy hunting dove and shooting my fair share of shots, drinking beer and listening to music and having a good time! BUT When it comes to bowhunting, shi t gets serious
                      Well its not much of a hunny hole. These big bucks i been seeing surely have a huge radius they walk during bow season. Im sure they will be very different during rut, however they follow does and if you know the does you got the bucks. I like to hunt the thick tree area about 3/4 of a mile down the fence line at the end of 2166. Where you out there last year?

Comment

Area 5 back fence line; didn't realize how many other hunters were actually out there too till I drove by yesterday later than usual and had 3 **** vehicles parked off the side of 67; anyone on the green screen wanna come forward and claim hunting in area 5 too?

Anyone having any luck on the twin buttes property?

Anyone having any luck on the State Park property?

Comment

Shot a spike last sunday at sasp

Comment

Is anyone going to be out this weekend??

Comment

Y'all getting this storm sh it at y'all's place?? Ya **** right I'll be in my set-up!!

Comment

JD.. one of those trucks would have been mine last week.. Another is a budy of mine's. Had numerous young bucks come in could have easily shot numerous deer. Got one nice 8 on camera.. Saw him thurs morning but he knew something wasn't right and wouldn't come in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X