Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a few from last year I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A few weeks ago, we told you about the potential new world record whitetail killed by a teen in Oklahoma. Now, it’s rumored another record was broken by their neighbors to the south. Greg Simons of San Angelo, Texas, shot a mule deer last week that seems likely to break the Texas non-typical record...

Are there mule deer in San Angelo?

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
        https://bit.ly/2O7bTmK

No. Gotta go about 75-100 miles west and/or southwest before you have a chance at seeing any.

Comment

https://bit.ly/2O7bTmK

That buck ended up netting 292 1/8" its a toad. There are some in the 2 counties to the west of Angelo. I think Sterling Co has a season but Irion doesn't you just see a random one here and there.

Comment

Any one in here hunt over a mineral site? Any luck?

Comment

Any one in here hunt over a mineral site? Any luck?
              I have hunted over mineral but there was also feed there to. Heard a lot of people say they had pretty good luck using a trophy rock mineral block. I have had really good luck putting out antler max blocks.

Comment

Ok guys if anyone is willing to help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have a friend coming in from Tennessee that has never shot a rio. He is coming down for the first weekend and week of spring turkey season. If anyone is willing to tell me where they know some turkey are at in a unit or a good roost or strutting area I would really really appreciate it. Reply to me here PM me whatever. Thanks!

Comment

I'm headed to TN for opening week! Guess we're trading spaces.

Comment

It's been a while now since they switched this place over to the extra permit to hunt, what are you old timers thinking about the change now?

Comment

It’s motherfućking horseshít in my opinion.... absolutely fućking stupid. Back in the day guess what the same problems were still there that are there today just with more water now!! Shocking!!!

Better off unregulated in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                        Ok guys if anyone is willing to help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have a friend coming in from Tennessee that has never shot a rio. He is coming down for the first weekend and week of spring turkey season. If anyone is willing to tell me where they know some turkey are at in a unit or a good roost or strutting area I would really really appreciate it. Reply to me here PM me whatever. Thanks!
                        So anyone ???

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                          So anyone ???

Always had good luck in Area 4 right there by the tracks with those big Oak trees, also had a ton of luck in area 5 on the back fence line. Also had a lot of in area 1 way in the back near the island. Also had really good luck back on the border of area 3 and 4 at whites dam of across the dam in those big trees always had good luck there. Those new areas might have a lot of luck especially 9 but might be kind of hard to call them out of the park and into the thick stuff. I know there’s that big asś open field on airport road by the parking lot that they strut in if you got on the property boundary of that and called and fanned you could get one into range.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                            Always had good luck in Area 4 right there by the tracks with those big Oak trees, also had a ton of luck in area 5 on the back fence line. Also had a lot of in area 1 way in the back near the island. Also had really good luck back on the border of area 3 and 4 at whites dam of across the dam in those big trees always had good luck there. Those new areas might have a lot of luck especially 9 but might be kind of hard to call them out of the park and into the thick stuff. I know there’s that big asś open field on airport road by the parking lot that they strut in if you got on the property boundary of that and called and fanned you could get one into range.

Thanks JD

Comment

Anyone have any luck with the long beards this weekend?

Comment

I am wondering if y’all can help me. I am wanting to fish twin buttes, can I drive to the cage? Would you recommend any other spot for bank fishing catfish?

Comment

Working...
                                X