THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
    Well, me and my wife will be making our first trip out there in a couple months. We will be trying to connect on a gobbler for her, and I'll take anything thats in season haha. How's the water level currently? At pool or at conservation, or somewhere in between?

Currently at 64.6% full and is 9 ft below conservation pool and down 3 ft from were it was 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
      Currently at 64.6% full and is 9 ft below conservation pool and down 3 ft from were it was 3 months ago.
      Thanks buddy, hopefully that holds for another couple months. Looking at the topo, a couple feet here and there could eat up some acreage in a hurry. Do you folks that deer hunt see many birds up that way in the fall?

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
        Thanks buddy, hopefully that holds for another couple months. Looking at the topo, a couple feet here and there could eat up some acreage in a hurry. Do you folks that deer hunt see many birds up that way in the fall?

I know there are a lot of people that hunts ducks there, never done it myself though. I have taken turkey from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a great idea for y’all you guys getting you stuff jacked... this would be a great start for ya...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Here’s a great idea for y’all you guys getting you stuff jacked... this would be a great start for ya...

That's a good idea until someone pulls the multi tool out of their backpack (yes I carry one) and unscrews it. Best way I think is a python master lock made for those things.

Comment

Don’t feel bad I typically have my SD card reader on me to check cameras as I go and delete pics of myself.... to each their own favorite tools.... [emoji2379]

Comment

Little info

Hello everyone. New here to Texas deer. I have read every post and searched every thread i could find. Me and a buddy our trying to put meat in the freezer nothing more. We will be out Oct 4th-6th. We plan on unit 6 as we haven’t scouted any and we don’t want to step on any toes and might have to spot and stalk. We plan on sleeping army style as we are both vets and i can’t walk to much do to hip replacements. I am bringing corn, all season doe scent, bleat can, and scent control. I’m just looking for anything that will help us each get a doe. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. All I’ve heard of unit 6 is lots of birds and it’s thick brush. I also have a combo net for shelter/blind. We have our tags and our permits. Just need a little advice on where to find them out there. Can’t respond as this is my first post but i can be emailed at bubsk2003 at hotmail if you don’t want to make it public known. I want to thank everyone for the info that’s already on here and any help y’all can give.

Comment

Bow blind view... majestic AF

Comment

Alright TBH... which one of your motherfockers brought a school bus out here.... we are very impressed....

Comment

Work had me occupied today, and I didn’t make it out. Anyone have any luck in the heat?

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post

Alright TBH... which one of your motherfockers brought a school bus out here.... we are very impressed....

Entrance to section 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                          That's a good idea until someone pulls the multi tool out of their backpack (yes I carry one) and unscrews it. Best way I think is a python master lock made for those things.

Good suggestion.

Comment

Anyone gonna be out at area 5 tommorow morning?

Comment

Didn’t get my cameras stolen but got my cards stolen in 5. I don’t understand these lowlifes. It’s simple dont take people’s stuff. I would be fine if they looked at the pictures and put it back.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                                Didn’t get my cameras stolen but got my cards stolen in 5. I don’t understand these lowlifes. It’s simple dont take people’s stuff. I would be fine if they looked at the pictures and put it back.

Bummer. Almost makes you want to hunt thieves instead of deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X