Age, Score, Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
    What do you mean if the beam turns down? Does the 13 in rule not apply to him also?
    Yes it applies to him. If thats his main beam that turns down, kinda like he has three main beams, He is probably 16 inches inside and no question about him being legal.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GarGuy; 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Also, after taking the time to zoom in on this deer and really sort the tines out, I realize he has a BUNCH of long stuff off his split beam. He will score far more than first impression. I hope we get some better pics!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Yes it applies to him. If thats his main beam that turns down, kinda like he has three main beams, He is probably 16 inches inside and no question about him being legal.
        In my eyes it looks to be a slick 8 with a ton of trash and a extra main beam. But would you measure the more narrow maim beam or the one that sweeps down. Maybe just depends which warden looks at it? Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441295193525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	24401132

Comment

I said in each post.."If thats his beam that turns down".It appear to origionate from the pedicle. If it is, you would measure the widest point between it an the other beam. It looks like beam to me but I also said we need better pics.

Comment

That is a great looking buck! On Public Land, and if you have leases near by, this will be his last season. I would drop him.

Comment

Let him go another year or two. Monster potential.

Comment

man that deer has monster in making written all over him!

Comment

might not ve legal. let him grow. keep posting the great pics. id like to see him out of velvet.

Comment

That deer is for sure legal. It is the widest point between main beams. And no way that is a 2 year old deer, 3 at a minimum and maybe even 4. I am thinking he is going to score about 125" to 130".

Comment

The inside spread measurement is taken between the mainbeams perpendicular and parallel to the skull plate (supposed to be anyway), meaning don't cant it front to back or vice-versa, or cant it up or down. If the beams are offset (one higher or lower than the other), you need a carpenter's square or something similar to measure it. All that said, he's a young deer (most likely 2.5, no older than 3.5) and close enough to being under 13" that it's risky to chance it. That deer has a chance to be a monster down the road, be a shame to seem him dead now when he doesn't have much more meat than a doe.

Comment

haha wild thing, wish both sides were as crazy as the left. Hard to say in velvet, hope he makes it another year

Comment

Finally got some pictures of him shed. He broke off a G3 on the right beam. Odd rack!

Comment

Comment

Wow crazy deer!

Comment

That's awesome, almost looks like an elk!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X