Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
    Climbers are good, but got to find right trees. pop ups can basically be put anywhere.
    I use tree stands easy to carry in/out and gets u above the critters 20+ ft....I only use popups in areas without good trees or bad weather...

Comment

Originally posted by piepuncher View Post
      Come on guys, anyone. . I'm sick of pulling burs, twigs and stickers out of my ghillie. Seems I leave hunting with half the forest attached to me.
      I'm wanting to buy something today or tomorrow. Ground blind seems like the most easy to use and place but climber would work great but be very limited. What are you guys using?
      I'll trade u a tree stand for that ghillie suit I've always wanted one..

Comment

The ghillie suit is awesome. It has gotten me within 10 yards of many deer just lying on the ground, or hiding along the muddy bank of an area I hunt. Can't give up the ghillie but it would be nice to just have a laid back day of hunting where I could text, read the Internet or just chill. Sometimes my back cramps up or my *** gets tired depending on my position. Sucks not being able to move for so long.
        I had a doe catch me on the draw on Sunday. She ran up the hill or embankment, stopped, she looked at me forever then came back down to get stuck. She had no idea what I was.
        Ghillie suits work very well but like I said, half the forest comes home with me. They also weigh a ton when wet
        My son even has one but he can't sit still

Last edited by piepuncher; 11-19-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Not much luck today, saw a barely legal 8 point at 35 yds. Has the rut kicked off yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jmac19 View Post
            Not much luck today, saw a barely legal 8 point at 35 yds. Has the rut kicked off yet?
            Seems like it's startin to warm up.... wouldn't say they are full blown rut though

Comment

Pie, the Gillis suit work great just look before you sit I almost sit on a big rattle bug yestetday!! This makes 2 days of hunting and nothing worth shooting.

Comment

I use lock-ons with stacking sticks. Popups seem to be too easily picked off unless they are left out for a while and brushed in very well. I don't like leaving anything out for long or cutting brush to hide it. Can get away with quite a bit of movement from 20' up in a tree and usually have more range, depending on how many lanes you have to shoot through. I'll be back down tomorrow afternoon thru Sunday.

Comment

If the wind is whipping like it's forecasted to be on Saturday the popup may not be a bad idea though!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                    If the wind is whipping like it's forecasted to be on Saturday the popup may not be a bad idea though!
                    Good insulated hunting gear and a face mask you'll be fine H.G. . No I'm a sissy when it comes to cold so I feel what you're saying I just hope it's still cold enough to see daylight movement when I get home

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to the cooler temps but could do without the high winds. Got plenty of good gear-big fan of my Core4Element suits-but game movement is usually limited with the higher wind IMO. Should be nice early morning and late evening if it will lay before dark.

Comment

This should be a great morning to be out in front of the cold front coming!

And Sunday should be good as well. Being that many deer will lay up Saturday while the wind is blowing. But once it lays Saturday night, they will be up and moving looking for something to eat Sunday.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-20-2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I drove around out there yesterday. First time checking out W. Beautiful country. Not asking for anyones honey holes, but what side of the lake do you guys prefer?

Comment

I like both sides but if I had to pick it would probably be west side...

Comment

I'm down at my dad's place this week so I thought I'd try out the Bosque side (In a spot I've never been to before, like an idiot).

Didn't see anyone parked when I went in at 3. Managed to find a decent spot, stashed my stand under a tree and then managed to get so lost that I thought Jesus was going to have to return before I got out of there.

Exploring public land youve never set foot on until dark that might as well be one entire briar patch with no discernible trails: 1 out of 5 stars. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Also, found this little bundle of joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                I'm down at my dad's place this week so I thought I'd try out the Bosque side (In a spot I've never been to before, like an idiot).

Didn't see anyone parked when I went in at 3. Managed to find a decent spot, stashed my stand under a tree and then managed to get so lost that I thought Jesus was going to have to return before I got out of there.

Exploring public land youve never set foot on until dark that might as well be one entire briar patch with no discernible trails: 1 out of 5 stars. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Also, found this little bundle of joy!
                                never leave the truck without gps...I've learned the hard way...

Comment

Working...
                                X