Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deerkiller, were you in a stand? If so, that is an accomplishment- getting drawn on, and scoring a turkey. Congrats!

Comment

Well after that I'm seriously reconsidering hunting the very back of that property or gonna have to talk to the surrounding land owners about easier access for deer removal

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        deerkiller, were you in a stand? If so, that is an accomplishment- getting drawn on, and scoring a turkey. Congrats!
        thanks, i was in a pop up.

Comment

I'm gone for few days. And you guys so get on a roll congrats a to all of you!

Comment

ok sorry it took so long, The deer was all the way to the back of the property and I had to get him through 4 washes and a ditch, after about a 1/4 mile i decided to go get my dolly only to find out that one of the tires was flat and wouldn't hold air. finally got him drug out around 9 then on the way home felt exhausted and sick, we decided it was low blood sugar and dehydration from sweating all that time dragging him out lol. had to rest and recuperate for a few hours before i could tackle quartering him finally finished about 3 this morning

i was going to take better pictures but i was to tired and didn't care that much by the time i got him out lol

shot was a little high and far back i attribute that to nerves and excitement. This is my first bow kill so i'm happy enough, i don't usually go for spikes but he looked old enough to have started branching out and hadn't so i decided he was a cull and would make a great first kill
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ender; 11-05-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

that's a great kill, no matter if its the first one or the thousandth.
              sounds like you earned him......lol

Comment

Congrats Ender on the first kill!! I carry a couple of pillow cases with me in my pack and go ahead and quarter them up where they lay. Put the quarters, back straps and head in the pillow cases and tote them out. I have found that to be much easier than dragging one all the way out and then quartering. I'm not trying to tell you how to do it at all just throwing that out there as an alternative. Again, congrats on a nice kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer4Life View Post
                  Congrats Ender on the first kill!! I carry a couple of pillow cases with me in my pack and go ahead and quarter them up where they lay. Put the quarters, back straps and head in the pillow cases and tote them out. I have found that to be much easier than dragging one all the way out and then quartering. I'm not trying to tell you how to do it at all just throwing that out there as an alternative. Again, congrats on a nice kill.
                  Thanks that's not a bad idea I may have to try it, seems easier than that nightmare I went through last night. I also am gonna have to be taking a better lunch than a couple pieces of fruit.

Comment

Congrats Ender on your first bow kill!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations on a great deer. First of many.

JC

Comment

Congrats ender. First of many!

Comment

Great Harvest looks like some tasty backstraps!

Comment

Congratulations. Should be first of many[emoji4]

Comment

Good Gobbler DK!

Comment

Working...
                                X