Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, please tell me the rain has stopped.

Comment

Rain has slowed to a light mist. I'm in a tri pod on private land in Whitney hopin for a buck that frequents this spot. Conditions seem about perfect. Really a nice morning to be in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stink Bait View Post
        OK, please tell me the rain has stopped.
        Pretty much looks like it, for now.
        -------------------------------------
        Lake report. Water levels at the "current" time: (pun intended )

Aquilla is 5.5 ft above normal.

Whitney is 3" above normal.

Good to see the lakes back up to normal.
        Now, all I gotta do is find a motor for my boat.

Comment

Just had a young 7 on the corn pile. He'll be a good one in a few more years. Really wish this wind would calm down some. It's a little sketchy 18' up in this live oak. Feels like a good day to be in a stand though. Should be some movement if the rain stays to the south of us.

Comment

Hey TG how big of a motor you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Stink Bait View Post
              Hey TG how big of a motor you looking for?
              25-40hp tiller. No Mercs. I've found a few. But a little out of my price range. Or to far to make it worth the travel. I might even do a surface drive. But those are really pricey. And the 23-25hp surface drives are really hard to come by. Not interested in a long-tail either.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-25-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Settled back in with another load of yellow gold on the ground. Really wish this wind would lighten up a tad.

Comment

I was scouting a new spot today and found a sweet looking spot when I noticed some corn and a Feed block on the ground started looking around for trees and noticed a lock on stand up in a tree and here's the dilemma it's locked to where you can't sit in it would it be wrong of me to cut the cable to be able to sit in that stand.... Not sayin steal the guys stuff just want to hunt it?

Comment

If you don't have a problem destroying someone's property, you may as well take his stand with you...

I mean, it is abandoned property, right???

Comment

Be safe out there. I am sure it is gonna be crazy with all the rain we got the last few days.

Comment

If your brave enough to hunt or steal someone's stuff and not do the your own work ask me..u need a lease where u can pick your own little area...hunting another hunters stand should not ever cross your mind when out there...JMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          If you don't have a problem destroying someone's property, you may as well take his stand with you...

I mean, it is abandoned property, right???
                          Buckshot-73 =

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stir-the-Pot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	24411770

Comment

Just so you know what I've been doing today Buckshot :
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tg..could that be on someone's tree..by mid morning. Lol..

Comment

I'm hoping it will push some big ones into some of my back spots I come home Tuesday night and I hope to be in a tree by Thursday. I agreed with my wife to do every other day this year so I have to plan ahead what days work out. If I go Thursday then football Friday and back out on the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X