No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today and tomorrow left for Hunt #2. Someone take a picture of the board and let us know what's shakin.

Comment

I am still constantly stalking this thread. We got picked for a gun hunt this year. First year we applied.
      Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Usually quite a few small deer taken, and some good nilgai. For anyone wondering if you shoot a big nilgai get it to the caliche road and a refuge officer or GW will load it out for you. Been cool but wet hunts so far. Best of luck to all the hunters, I didn't sign up this year.

Comment

So, I noticed on my permit that, b/c of the cattle tick situation, all animals have to be skinned at the designated station next to the check station. So, I assume you can field dress in the field, but can you quarter (with skin on) to help pack the animal out?

Comment

You still have to bring the whole skin out with you from what I heard.

Comment

Anybody out here for #3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                Anybody out here for #3 ?
                Yes sir. Lots of trucks out there today. I got busted by two deer. Just saw the *** ends. Saw a nice nilgai bull taken in section 8. Not sure about anyone else. Any luck hogdaddy?
                I'll be working tomorrow but then in for the last three days.

Comment

I'll be down there tomorrow afternoon!

Comment

Nada so far good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                      I am still constantly stalking this thread. We got picked for a gun hunt this year. First year we applied.
                      Looking forward to it!!
                      Wow, I have applied for the last 20years and have never gotten chosen for a rifle hunt. Consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                        Wow, I have applied for the last 20years and have never gotten chosen for a rifle hunt. Consider yourself lucky.

Last 8 years I think for me and NADA!!

Comment

We got drawn for the rifle hunt one year and I shot a doe and a hog. Got drawn the very next year don't know if we got preference since I shot a hog and they want them gone. Been lucky enough to get drawn three times for the rifle hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                            You still have to bring the whole skin out with you from what I heard.
                            You definitely do NOT have to bring the skin out. I've killed 3 deer so far this year and quartered all of them.
                            I asked the game warden last year, he said any legal means of packing out an animal is fine.

Comment

I was just going off what the tick guy said. Never talked to the warden about it though.

Comment

Sat 17 hrs first two days finally saw a deer, buck cruising at 03:35pm 40yd shot. Pics won't load off phone. I'll get one up soon

Comment

Working...
                                X