Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Damian x10 just ordered me a set of strings.

Comment

Buck-Chaser. That is why you are supposed to wait to the evening before deer season to practice. lol

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
        Buck-Chaser. That is why you are supposed to wait to the evening before deer season to practice. lol

lol. Hate to see that happen Ray. But I hear x10 specialize in trad equipment.

Comment

Yep! That's four shots you could've taken at deer! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
            Yep! That's four shots you could've taken at deer! Lol.
            Lol

Comment

BC -- I can twist you up a string if you can't find one. I just need AMO bowlength and how many pounds.

That string groove needs to be looked at for rough spots or hard edges. That string didn't just break by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                BC -- I can twist you up a string if you can't find one. I just need AMO bowlength and how many pounds.

That string groove needs to be looked at for rough spots or hard edges. That string didn't just break by itself.
                Thanks Todd ! I ordered a set of strings from x10 archery I'm definitely going to check the string grooves.

Comment

Now for the fun part... tuning it again.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                    Now for the fun part... tuning it again.

How do you tune a recurve?

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                      How do you tune a recurve?
                      Brace height and nock point. From there it's tuning arrows. If the arrows are really close, then you can play with the string some. I was playing with bareshafting my recurve before our first shoot. Thank goodness mine was in tune, but it also taught me that i was .5 inch off my anchor point. Had the bareshaft hitting a foot left at 20 yards.

Comment

Yep, even stickbows get tuned for proper arrow flight. Also, string stretch in the beginning can be a factor until it quits stretching. Heck, compared to the old string, even the new string material and strand count can effect the arrow in such a way that you might have to change arrow spine.

Andy -- You been practicing for the Hill Country Shoot? I took off Friday, so we can head over there early....I'm wondering if the gates to the range will be open and we can do some shooting Friday evening?

Comment

I never would have thought that. I mean I figured there would be some rest and nock tuning. But not a lot of arrow tuning. I don't even try trad stuff. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one.

Comment

Yep, even stickbows get tuned for proper arrow flight. Also, string stretch in the beginning can be a factor until it quits stretching. Heck, compared to the old string, even the new string material and strand count can effect the arrow in such a way that you might have to change arrow spine.

Andy -- You been practicing for the Hill Country Shoot? I took off Friday, so we can head over there early....I'm wondering if the gates to the range will be open and we can do some shooting Friday evening?
                            Am I the only one that noticed that someone gets up before 4:30 and it isn't even deer season?

Comment

Plan of trying to fling some today after class, and before i dive back into the boat work.

It'll be later in the day before I get to Austin. That's my last actual lecture class before the final exam so I can't miss it. I may be flying solo, also. Nicole is second guessing going with the boys in tow and waiting around till we're done.

Comment

Am I the only one that noticed that someone gets up before 4:30 and it isn't even deer season?
                                Ask him what his work schedule is and how close he lives to the forest. I swear it has to be by design. Kind of like my loading up on classes in the spring and summer so I can lighten the load in the fall (which does backfire sometimes, like last year).

Comment

Working...
                                X