sommerville wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kornsqueezer View Post
    I will be back next weekend . This weekend is set aside for Aransas.
    good luck to you kornsqeezer.... I've heard good things about that place.

Comment

crod, I will be out there all day friday too. We might run into each other...

Comment

Was at Somerville yesterday and didn't see a thing. Prolly not gonna go out till Holloween in hopes that cooler weather will usher thru and nock down some of the foilage out there. Wow is it thick. I was out at area #5.

Comment

I will be out there this weekend. Last time I was out there we saw a total of 6 does and one buck. Will see what the weekend brings.

Comment

Originally posted by SPANISH GRINGO View Post
            I will be out there this weekend. Last time I was out there we saw a total of 6 does and one buck. Will see what the weekend brings.

Good luck to you.... it's supposed to be a little cooler so maybe that will trigger movement. Also, I saw a few oaks that were dropping acorns that were not 2 weeks ago, that should help pull the deer off the feeders on the private land and keep them there for us for awhile. Let us know how you do.

Comment

Crod888 and Spanish Gringo,

I might hunt somerville this weekend if work permits. I will need to camp out. What's the name of the campground? I will be in touch so maybe we can meet up at camp. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ruthunter View Post
                Crod888 and Spanish Gringo,

I might hunt somerville this weekend if work permits. I will need to camp out. What's the name of the campground? I will be in touch so maybe we can meet up at camp. Thanks!
                I would camp at Nails State Park, call and ask for Mary and she will help you get started with the reservation process. You'll have to call another # she has to make the reservation. Good luck to you.

And oh yea, I stayed at site # 52 and heard hogs squeeling all the time... it was cool.

Comment

I am going to try and make it out Friday morning. I drive a black over silver silverado. Maybe I will see you guys there . I gota start rebuilding the fence Ike tore up. LOL

Comment

no site avalaible at nails. I will stay with my aunt and uncle in Tunis and make the short commute. Korn, i will look for your truck.

Comment

I forgot to say anything but on wed. sept 24th we were teal hunting the lake and saw a pack of 7-10 dogs, all dark colored. Its a good distance from the WMA's but ya'll might want to watch out. I know i get pretty nervous around wild dogs, i have encountered a pair out there once and they almost got an arrow in them, luckily they backed off.

Comment

I incounter them might be >>>>.

Comment

Does anyone that lives in CS and hunts somerville want to try and get together sometime. I was thinkin we could carpool or somethin to save some gas.

I'll close my eyes when you walk to your spot....lol

Comment

Originally posted by belly_up View Post
                            Does anyone that lives in CS and hunts somerville want to try and get together sometime. I was thinkin we could carpool or somethin to save some gas.

I'll close my eyes when you walk to your spot....lol
                            I might take you up on that. I may have lost my 12 yr old hunting partner to bad grades. I prefer not hunt an area without someone else in the vicinity, bad things can happen fast. I work for myself, so I can adjust my schedule with some planning. I stop workin around 3-4pm everyday and have been going there mid week. PM me.

Comment

I just got back from hunting the Yegua Creek at the bridge on 134. I got up into my stand Saturday (10/18) morning and shortly after I settled in I was cleaning my glasses and the left lense popped out and fell to the ground. I aim with my left eye. I told myself that this was a sign from god that I would see a deer with blury vision. An hour later three doe came into one of my shooting lanes at 25 yrds. I took my shot with blured vision and missed! I hunted Saturday night in the same stand with no sightings, but I did hear a turkey gobble. This was my first time hunting here and plan top go back. It's real hard to find a good tree to hang a stand. I wish that I had a pop up. Also, most areas are thick with foilage. Does anyne know when the peak of the rut is here? I plan to hunt again over the Thanksgiving holidays.

P.S. I jumped one ribbon snake and one baby water snake while scouting.
                              Last edited by ruthunter; 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

How did everyone do at Somerville this weekend? The weather was a little cooler, acorns should be fallen. Anyone see any bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X