Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Whitney / Lake Aquilla 08/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should anyone be intrested in a Get-2-Geather, I will be at the Caddo Street Grill in Cleburne the 28th of Feb. about noon. My Feb and March calender is almost booked for weekends. Nanza is two weeks later on the 14th of March.

And I will be helping my SNL the 15th of March (day after Nanza) with the Whiterock 1/2 marathon. He quallified for the Boston Marathon 2010 weekend before last, Yea! Ran 26.2 miles in 3:07 in New Orleans Marathon. Thats gonna be another busy weekend for me .

I wonder what April will bring me
    ?

Comment

I was told that Hill county will go this season to 2 bucks with 13" min. and three does all season combind.
      Thats good to know. will the doe cut off still be around thanksgiving?
      BTW I also thought I'd chime in about the antlerless situation next year. Even though the antlerless bag limit for each county will go up to 3, there is a good chance antlerless deer won't allowed to be harvested except by permit, similiar to what they currently do at LBJ grasslands. On parks and wildlife to do list next month is to adjust and clarify antlerless deer permit requirements on lands owned by the U.S. Forest Service, Army Corps of Engineers, and river authorities.
      Last edited by boss bowman; 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
        BTW I also thought I'd chime in about the antlerless situation next year. Even though the antlerless bag limit for each county will go up to 3, there is a good chance antlerless deer won't allowed to be harvested except by permit, similiar to what they currently do at LBJ grasslands. On parks and wildlife to do list next month is to adjust and clarify antlerless deer permit requirements on lands owned by the U.S. Forest Service, Army Corps of Engineers, and river authorities.
        I dont think that will happen at whitney since the hill county side has been under the anterless restiction for the past 6 or 7 years now. It is suppose to be three does through the full season.

Comment

I am game for the 28th at noon.

Comment

Anybody hog hunt at Aquilla?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              I haven't tried hunting them over there. But I think a few on here have tried a time or two. I did see some recenty. But theres hardly a place in Texas that ya can't find-em now . If it's got a creek, river, lake, or drainage in Texas, you'll prob find hogs or hog sign.

Comment

The Lake Whitney Corps of Engineers will be holding a clean-up of public lands on March 7, 2009 at McCown Valley Park, 9:00-NOON. A hot dog lunch will be served along with door prizes. If you or your organization would like to participate contact the project office at 254-694-3189 or 254-622-3332.
                This sounds like a great opportunity for us to show our support

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  no but i would be willing to try on the north west arm of the lake

Comment

socks

your lucky socks look cool ,keep using them

Comment

Originally posted by COUNTRY BOY View Post
                      The Lake Whitney Corps of Engineers will be holding a clean-up of public lands on March 7, 2009 at McCown Valley Park, 9:00-NOON. A hot dog lunch will be served along with door prizes. If you or your organization would like to participate contact the project office at 254-694-3189 or 254-622-3332.
                      This sounds like a great opportunity for us to show our support
                      Great info CB! Anybody going?

Comment

Are we still good fro next weekend get together at caddo street?

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                          Are we still good fro next weekend get together at caddo street?
                          Saturday the 28th @ 12PM-noon .

I'll be posting a thread in The Campfire and one in the Public forums before long.

Comment

I hate to divert yalls attention, Has anybody ever bowfished below whitney on the brazos? Where can a fella put in a boat. Springs gettin mighty close, swithchin from deer to fish.

Comment

Never mind, I looked at google maps. Looks way to shallow up that way. Any good shootin up the river?

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
                                .......... Any good shootin up the river?
                                When theres water in it (j/k). We need some rain pretty bad. A good rain to bring a light current in the river would do wonders for all species of fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X