X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by mags84 View Post
      Its my lucky day. The refuge called me this morning and my application was picked to fill in for the Jan 2-4 rifle hunt!

Comment

i knew i missed a call. good luck

Comment

She said there were 15 unanswered for..my application was just a buddy and me.

Comment

congrats !!

Comment

well my buddy has to cancel. I let them know, so they are going to draw one more. good luck

Comment

saw a photo on facebook of a kid that got a really nice bull. Getting pumped for tomorrow.

Comment

If I wanted to hunt in unit 5, would I have to park at area 6 and walk back there? The packet says you can use refugee roads that aren't closed by gates, is that the same as the service roads on the map they sent out?

Comment

No you don't have to park at 6. You can drive all the way up county road ,park at the north end of section 8 and walk from there. You doing the rifle hunt tomorrow?

Comment

Ok Thanks, I'm doing the 3rd archery hunt on Jan 7th

Comment

Does anyone have some pics of nilgai tracks? Maybe some nilgai vitals? Did a quick Google search didn't find anything real good.

Comment

They're larger than deer tracks. And keep shooting until you see it go down and even then be ready.

Comment

My nephew shot that big bull. They were 3 miles back from back gate where we usually hunt. It's going to be nightmare getting one out on that road with way weather has been. I'm hoping it dries up by the 7th. When nephew shot his it wasn't near this bad but still pretty muddy took them 8 hrs to get it out quarted up using a cart one way. Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              Does anyone have some pics of nilgai tracks? Maybe some nilgai vitals? Did a quick Google search didn't find anything real good.
                              Tracks are like giant deer tracks. With archery we shoot them low and up tight to front shoulder quarted away if possible. That's more important on the bigger ones I think don't wast your time on a risky shot we lost a few shooting what we thought were lung shots. I guided for them for a few years their vitals are farther up than what a deer is. Good luck!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420230983.739756.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	24355343 heart shot but ran like 250 yds .

Comment

Working...
                                X