Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was very easy.

Comment

Looks like they killed the archery exotic category , had over 10 years of preference points in that one, would be nice if they would give us the option to transfer those points over to another category. Under some of the hunt categories I noticed they have left out listing some of of the hunt areas that do have hunts this year.
      Last edited by bossbowman; 07-07-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Looks like they killed the archery exotic category , had over 10 years of preference points in that one, would be nice if they would give us the option to transfer those points over to another category. Under some of the hunt categories I noticed they have left out listing some of of the hunt areas that do have hunts this year.

I am with you on this..... That is the most points I had in any category Hopefully we will get some clarification on this..... That is the category I look most forward too.
        Last edited by bdavid1020; 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
          I am with you on this..... That is the most points I had in any category Hopefully we will get some clarification on this..... That is the category I look most forward too.
          Not seeing the Crossbow Category Either

Comment

Wouldn't that be just archery now?

Comment

Dont have my old book in front of me but I think they had it as a seperate categories last few years!!

Comment

Looks like unless it says "ONLY MEANS ALLOWED-centerfire rifle" your good

Comment

Dont have my old book in front of me but I think they had it as a seperate categories last few years!!
                  The separate crossbow category was for survey purposes. They wanted to see if the success rate was different for people using crossbows. It was supposed to be a temporary separation. Looks like they rolled it all into just plain archery now, as it should be.
                  No more splitting the archery permits in half, you get drawn for archery, you decide what archery equipment you want to use.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                    The separate crossbow category was for survey purposes. They wanted to see if the success rate was different for people using crossbows. It was supposed to be a temporary separation. Looks like they rolled it all into just plain archery now, as it should be.
                    No more splitting the archery permits in half, you get drawn for archery, you decide what archery equipment you want to use.
                    Yeah but the # of permits is fewer for at least the two I looked at RC and Gus. Last year ADE & CBE combined for gus engling was 120 permits, 60 for ADE and 60 for CBE(crossbow), this year its 60 total. I have talked to some of the biologists that run both places and mark my words one of them is working diligently on completely phasing out all archery hunting on both units for reasons I will not go into here. Bowhunters in this area should be aware of this and concerned.

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                    Looks like unless it says "ONLY MEANS ALLOWED-centerfire rifle" your good

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...phtml?OCat=EXO
                    They may have rolled the archery permits into with the exotic gun hunts but my preference points from 10+ years of applying to the archery exotic category did not roll into my preference points for exotic only so no I'm not good with that.

Comment

Public bowhunts

Did they eliminate crossbow hunts or did they lump them together with regular bow hunts?

Comment

You can still use a crossbow, there are just half the # of permits as last year...

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyfish View Post
                          Did they eliminate crossbow hunts or did they lump them together with regular bow hunts?
                          Looks like they have just one archery category that includes all legal archery equipment.

Yeah but the # of permits is fewer for at least the two I looked at RC and Gus. Last year ADE & CBE combined for gus engling was 120 permits, 60 for ADE and 60 for CBE(crossbow), this year its 60 total. I have talked to some of the biologists that run both places and mark my words one of them is working diligently on completely phasing out all archery hunting on both units for reasons I will not go into here. Bowhunters in this area should be aware of this and concerned.
                          I haven't looked that closely at number of permits yet, so I wasn't aware of that.
                          Many areas change up the number of permits from year to year depending on how many deer they want/need killed off.

I hear you on the biologists sometimes having their own personal agenda.
                          After talking with the new biologist at the Chaparral, there are a few things that he doesn't like and is trying to phase them out.

Comment

I figured TP&W must have been posted it today. Lots of additional post on this thread from the norm .

Comment

So the hubby and I went on the Honey Creek ant/spike hunt last year. It sucked as far as deer hunting went. The terrain was beautiful so it wasn't a total bust in my book. Only two deer were taken the entire hunt. I don't see how they came up with the 21% "sucess" rate they say they had last year. I call bull on that one and wonder if some of the other sucess rates are fudged as well. I know first hand that only two deer were taken amongst the 15 hunters there. How could they say it was 21% sucessful?
                              Last edited by RobinBradbery; 07-07-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
                                So the hubby and I went on the Honey Creek ant/spike hunt last year. It sucked. Only two deer were taken the entire hunt. I don't see how they came up with the 21% "sucess" rate they say they had last year. I call bull on that one and wonder if some of the other sucess rates are fudged as well. I know first hand that only two deer were taken amongst the 15 hunters there. How could they say it was 21% sucessful?
                                Were there other dates that hunt was conducted or was the date y'all went the only one?

Comment

Working...
                                X