TPWD Draw Hunts - New this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    No offense, but does that mean July 1st or "we hope to get it working some time in July?"
    Im gonna guess the latter, since they said it was initially supposed to launch in June.

Comment

No offense, but does that mean July 1st or "we hope to get it working some time in July?"
      None taken. I have no way of knowing the exact day it goes live.

Comment

Everything online. This is going to be nice! Wow! It looks like you can apply to every area within a category now. I thought there may be a limit.

Comment

If you enter more than one hunt area per category, you can win more than one hunt.

winning one hunt does not take you out of the running for others in that hunt category.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
            Everything online. This is going to be nice! Wow! It looks like you can apply to every area within a category now. I thought there may be a limit.
            There is. Kind of. If I understand correct, you can only apply once in each area within a category so there's still a chance for all of us to draw and hasn't totally become a rich man's game.

Comment

I believe they worded it that way for a reason. they don't even know when they will have everything ready yet.

Comment

This will make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                  Everything online. This is going to be nice!
                  Lets hope so, it has the potential to be a freaking mess like some other states have been when they initially went with online paperless systems, hopefully they've got the bugs worked out.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 06-10-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    This will make things interesting.
                    I second this.
                    im not worried tho. I figured out how to play the old system, im pretty sure I can figure this new one out.

Comment

TPWD Draw Hunts - New this Summer

Just checked out web site gonna be interesting !
                      Last edited by STXBOWHUNTER73; 06-10-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
                        I second this.
                        im not worried tho. I figured out how to play the old system, im pretty sure I can figure this new one out.
                        Yeah, that was the most fun part for me - figuring out a system to try to get drawn. I think being able to pick multiple areas per hunt category now, the hard hunts are going to get much harder to get picked for and the easy hunts will get easier, but we will see.

Comment

Here is the link.

Comment

ok so how do yall read this? if I put in for 5 different doe hunts could i potentially get drawn for all five of them, or just one? it says preference points go by hunt category. so if I have 6 preference points in GDA do all 5 of my apps get into the drawing 6 times?

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
                              ok so how do yall read this? if I put in for 5 different doe hunts could i potentially get drawn for all five of them, or just one? it says preference points go by hunt category. so if I have 6 preference points in GDA do all 5 of my apps get into the drawing 6 times?
                              I talked with TPW yesterday. You could potentially get drawn for all the hunts you put in for in the same category. May get expensive, but getting drawn for one does not exclude you from the others.

not sure how the preference points will work... other than that you will only get one preference(loyalty) point per category if you were not drawn for anything in that category.

Comment

So Im just curious, how do yall think yall are going to use the new system?

Are you going to start applying for a lot more places now? Or just the same general few in each category that you've always had interest in?

I have quite a few PP in most categories, anywhere from 6-13, so I will probably apply for the same general few that I always have, the more "big name" places. I'm not willing to risk burning my points on a place that I really have little interest in going.

Comment

Working...
                                X