No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not leaving the green screen family just changing states plus I will let everyone know when I come to visit.

Comment

I may have been born in south Texas but I consider the Dallas area my home grounds.

Comment

TO I'm still trying to help find something for ya within an hour. Most of the ones I knew about are much further. A family friend just recently sold her big ranch in Menard County. She got tired of driving over 5 hours each way when checking on livestock. Rattlers were a problem too, as well as theft.

Speaking of theft, another family friend owns a couple of ranches in Oklahoma. He had me to go look at some things on the bigger ranch. Noticed he had a lot of cattle separated into two pens to get them ready for auction. Next time I saw him, he let me know that the cattle rustlers noticed the cattle too and helped themselves to several head. They've hit him twice. He can't leave any tractors overnight when cutting and baling hay. By the next morning all the diesel will have been siphoned out. Meth is still really bad.
        I was working too many hours to have been any help with catching the thieves.

Comment

Looks like I might have found me a few hundred acres near the lake to lease for the year!

Comment

Hope it works out for ya. I was running out of ideas. If you're ever searching again, there's another one I thought of before and you can decide if it's worth trying. Just let me know.
            Last edited by 12 point; 05-11-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Hey Mike no one wants to buy my Prefert kennels do you want them. I would rather give them to you than take them to the scrap yard. Give me a call!

Comment

Don't forget to turn in your surveys if you haven't already gotta be in by the 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  Hey Mike no one wants to buy my Prefert kennels do you want them. I would rather give them to you than take them to the scrap yard. Give me a call!
                  Thank you very much for the offer Jes. But I'm gonna have to pass. I have one kennel. And not sure if I'll have any more dogs after this one is gone.

Comment

Storm, going to miss huntin with you brother. Maybe we can get you down to WV when we come in. Congrats on the job.

Comment

Had a pretty good fishin trip this weekend, ended with 20 cats. Learned somethin too, big tree limbs are much stronger than boat windshields & stern lights.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                        Had a pretty good fishin trip this weekend, ended with 20 cats. Learned somethin too, big tree limbs are much stronger than boat windshields & stern lights.
                        that's a tough lesson to learn.....

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGun View Post
                          Storm, going to miss huntin with you brother. Maybe we can get you down to WV when we come in. Congrats on the job.
                          I'm keeping my number so just give me a call. I am a Texan so any road trip is short.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
                            that's a tough lesson to learn.....
                            Yeah, but better than buying a new throttle handle assembly also (almost got it too). Next time i'll pay more attn when running the tm thru timber.
                            On a great note i see the lake has come up 6" already, w hopefully more comin in

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                              Yeah, but better than buying a new throttle handle assembly also (almost got it too). Next time i'll pay more attn when running the tm thru timber.
                              On a great note i see the lake has come up 6" already, w hopefully more comin in
                              yep. I saw the brazos is up quite a bit in glen rose this morning. and the puluxy is flowing strong as well. its a pretty thing to see....

Comment

I'm sitting in Richardson getting ready for a physical and drug testing for the new job.

Comment

Working...
                                X