No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again I need to make this real clear. there are NO repeat NO deer or hogs at lake aquilla. lol

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
      again I need to make this real clear. there are NO repeat NO deer or hogs at lake aquilla. lol
      That's right. There was no tracks, or whatsoever. We saw nada, zilch, zero. We went there for sight-seeing of bunch cardinals and other birds!

Comment

At tommygunn's house and will be out there before too long.

Comment

It's cold out here .

Comment

anyone know if whitney and A will be open for the late spike and doe season?

Comment

Should be

Comment

Thanks Storm.. ya i just found the regulations online, says basically whatever the bag limits and seasons are set by the county will apply..

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                  Thanks Storm.. ya i just found the regulations online, says basically whatever the bag limits and seasons are set by the county will apply..
                  If your coming from Montgomery you have a long haul

Comment

I saw a nice shooter buck this morning but a 50 yard shot is not in my cards! And he was very Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      If your coming from Montgomery you have a long haul
                      Yessir... its a fair piece no doubt, but with the miles we've logged on the road huntin public land this year it doesnt intimidate this bunch! ha, we've been all over East Texas from Huntsville to Ratcliff to Crockett and over to Lake Somervile numerous times... not to mention all the local spots, its been a grind indeed.... yet still have the itch to punch a few more tags and shoot the bull around a roaring fire..

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        That's right. There's lots of snakes out there on the W lake. No hogs to eat them. Or deer to stomp on them. But hardly any snakes on A lake because of all the deer and hogs over there. I don't understand why more people don't hunt that lake to keep the deer and hogs in check, and help the snakes out.

Hi Eric .
                        Hello TG. You know I'm still here. Has anyone seen that picture of that 160" killed at Whitney?????? I heard he was 10 years old and supposedly had 9 good breeding years..

Comment

Anybody hunt out there today?

Comment

Kenny B have you been out hunting

Comment

Originally posted by little lane View Post
                              Kenny B have you been out hunting
                              He replied to a text I sent him the other day other than that I haven't heard if he's gone out .

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                                Hello TG. You know I'm still here. Has anyone seen that picture of that 160" killed at Whitney?????? I heard he was 10 years old and supposedly had 9 good breeding years..
                                Yep, I know your still around . That's why I was poke-n at ya . About that 160" deer. Why brig that up? We all know that was back in 1974, and was the last deer on the W lake or the area around it. And we've been waiting for a restocking program since, kinda like they did with all the white turkeys . Everybody knows the A lake has had a deer restocking program since 1988. And is rivaling Llano in deer population now.

Hope all the family is well . And Merry Christmas to ya .
                                Maybe Santa will bring ya another 160" from the A lake for your wall

Comment

Working...
                                X