No announcement yet.

"Official" Somerville WMA thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been a fantastic morning to be out there! Dang work.

I'll be out there Thursday and Friday though. Can't wait!

John

Comment

BTW, anyone wants one of my "spots" at Somerville, meet me out there Thursday afternoon and I'll show it to you. I can't be in three places at once, and I've been spending what few times I do get up to Somerville all in the same hunting area for the past 2 years. So, one of my old spots is going un-hunted. Killed two does there two years ago though! It's a good one.

Send me a PM if you can be there Thurs. afternoon.

John

Comment

John,

That's a very generous offer. I'd love to meet you out there thursday, to share stories and Somerville knowledge, but can't. I tried a couple of PM's, but for some reason they did not go through. I'll be lucky to get a couple hunts in this year, so I'm sure someone else will be able to put your spot to much better use. I am curious about the spot though, so I'll try a PM later.

thanks again for a great offer,

Peter

Comment

John, you are like the Ambassador of Somerville !!! Very generous sir!!!

Comment

Kestimator, just trying to share the love...

I've had a lot of years to get to know the place. There are way more places to hunt out there than I can cover myself, and I hate knowing they're there without someone taking advantage.

Pete, I got your PM's, finally. Lethal Injection asked if he could meet me, so I'm going to show him around a bit on Thursday. I suspect you've got a few good spots out there, but if you want to see a new area, maybe I can help you out later this season.

L.I., I look forward to meeting you and showing you around a bit. Should be fun.

John

Comment

Man... And I thought I was a good guy lol

Comment

Okay, well, L.I. just found out he can't make it.

Pete, if you can use the spot, it's yours, but if not, let's see if someone else just needs a place to go.

Incidentally, the spot I'm thinking of works best with a hang-on stand. A ground blind might work, but it's a heavily used trail in pretty thick cover. I shot two nice does there in two consecutive years.

John

Comment

John (Somerville Ambassador),

Sorry about the multiple PM's. They are not showing up as "sent" so I didn't think they were getting out until I did a test PM to myself and received it. Let someone else have some fun with your spot. I've got a few of my own, but that's part of the problem out there. I start looking around and find new good spots everytime.

thanks again for your generous offer,

Peter

Comment

Sounds good.

Offer still stands then. Thursday afternoon anyone? If not Thursday, then maybe Friday afternoon, but for sure I'll be up there Thursday.

John

Comment

What time and which one in Somerville

Comment

And I'm there but can only stay till 11:30

Comment

Can't get there that early on Thursday. Maybe I'll get there Friday a.m. I'll let you know.

John

Comment

Ok sounds good. You hunt nails? Or yeguea?

Comment

Both. I'll send you a PM and we can meet up on Friday, mid-day if that works for you.

John

Comment

I will be heading out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X