Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    There are no deer in East Texas bro!!!
    I heard rumors of a yearling doe that was taken back when running deer with dogs was still legal.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
      Just wondering, what is the best buck that has come from SHNF in the last few years?
      You mean to tell me that there's actually bucks down here? I thought we've been chasing dogs that some punk kids glued antlers onto...... guess you learn something new everyday

Comment

Oh and congrats BK

Comment

Well, I got skunked today! Missed a doe low, and another high. Made some dumb mistakes, like rushing my shots and torquing my bow. Oh well, it happens. There will be another day.

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
            Well, I got skunked today! Missed a doe low, and another high. Made some dumb mistakes, like rushing my shots and torquing my bow. Oh well, it happens. There will be another day.
            At least you saw something. What times have you seen them moving, was it an evening hunt?

Comment

It was this evening with BK. I haven't had the chance for a morning sit yet, so I don't know how they're moving at that time just yet.

Comment

Congrats Bad-Karma!

Comment

Finally I get to go hunting.I should be there thursday around 2 pm. I will be camping on 234 primitive campsite I'll be there untill sat.

Comment

well i got skunked last weekend! we get to the boat launch and my motor wouldn't start, come to find out the primer bulb cracked open so i couldnt get any gas to start it. with the motor fixed now i will be out there saturday morning with my dad and cousin. Goodluck to all of y'all.
                    Last edited by Cajun_Chris7; 10-03-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Looks like it is going to be a little cooler Sunday Morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                        Finally I get to go hunting.I should be there thursday around 2 pm. I will be camping on 234 primitive campsite I'll be there untill sat.
                        Good luck buck-chaser, I might be around there Friday, if so I will swing by and say hello

I offered this last year, but I know we have some new guys this year, so I will offer again: I live about 20 minutes from the Sam and I'm pretty flexible with work so if anyone needs help tracking or dragging give me a ring 936 827 2750

Jason

Comment

Nice shot bad karma, didn't take you long! Glad to hear deer are moving. Ill be back out Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                            Raptor also had a bow deal for sale, not sure if he sold it. Might have to wait and see if he gets on sees that someone is looking.
                            my old kronik hasn't sold but its max draw length is 30"

Comment

Originally posted by ajmartinez View Post
                              Pythagorean Theorem is of limited use here, and you do have to account for gravitational acceleration in the vertical plane. At short ranges the Coriolis Effect can be neglected as that term is then insignificant. Pythagoras will tell us the straight line distance, which would be most useful if we were shooting lasers - but our arrows have mass, and will indeed follow a ballistic trajectory across any distance they travel. Since I agree that we certainly owe it to our prey to make the cleanest kill as soon as I get a break in my schedule I'll lay the math and science down in concrete terms and repost. We will find that with the short effective range of our weapon system the gravitational component (and indeed that of drag as well) are only especially relevant at the outer reaches, but since it appears several people are interested in what's really going on I'll go through it in depth just because I can. I might even whip up a quick spreadsheet that might be of some use if anyone wants a chart they can stick on their quiver or whatever.
                              I am confused. All that matters is horizontal distance. As you stated, gravity only effects the arrow in vertical component. The amount of elevation change that the arrow will encounter due to gravity is independent of velocity.

If you shoot a bullet/arrow horizontally and drop an bullet/arrow simultaneously, they will both hit the ground at the same time.

Comment

If you shoot a bullet/arrow horizontally and drop an bullet/arrow simultaneously, they will both hit the ground at the same time.
                                I agree. Easy to overthink this, and there's no substitute for practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X