No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had two people walk within 100 yards of my then turn around.... Figures. Gonna go check if they stole aj's canera

Comment

I stayed in this morning , decided there would be to many last minute yahoo's walking the woods. Anyone going to try it tomorrow morning ?

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
        Just had two people walk within 100 yards of my then turn around.... Figures. Gonna go check if they stole aj's canera
        That'd be my luck. Definitely going to cable my stand to the tree next time if other folks are roaming around out there now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
          I stayed in this morning , decided there would be to many last minute yahoo's walking the woods. Anyone going to try it tomorrow morning ?
          Count me in.

Comment

[QUOTE=roguecraft101;6117287]Well I got a late start because if the fog. Kept my driving down much slower than normal!! Up in my tree just a tad before 8. Sitting about 17 yards from a scrape that a big boy I'm chasing has been useing. I put out a mock scrape dropper on it last week and its just tore up today. Got some to is 69 out on a wick at the scrape and some deer calm stick on area trees. At lunch I may climb down and do a scent drag from a line of scrapes 100 yards away back over to me. Wish me luck guys! Last hunt in shnf for a while for me! Pics of my view and the one I'm chasin. :P (scrape to bottom left you can see a big tree he rubbed at it)

That is quite a dude for public land. Good luck.

Comment

Go get em rogue!!! I'll be out in the morning.

Comment

Well that was my last planned hunt for shnf... Rest of the season will be in alazan... Too bad some idiots walked up on me. They walked past 10 good gun spots to get to me and then when they reached my bike they turn off in my road ... True class to walk where it's obvious someone is hunting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351871930.878064.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	24136534

What would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchy View Post
                    That's crappy, might have been a rifleman scouting for opening weekend
                    What a DB. Scouting for opening weekend is fine- we all do it- but at 6:30 p.m. two days before the general season opener?

The good news is that this lazy bum will likely be one of the first "hunters" to give up soon after this weekend.

Comment

Anyone doing lunch today?

Comment

Will be at the unit in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by FozzieBigBear View Post
                          [ATTACH]414924[/ATTACH]

What would you do?
                          Wait for the non-typical to take another 1.5 steps forward and give the ol' .300mag it's biggest test yet! Two with one baby!!! That's what I would do! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by FozzieBigBear View Post
                            [ATTACH]414924[/ATTACH]

What would you do?
                            Honestly, I would probably fall out of my tree....

Comment

Me and Norskman will be there tonight and all day saturday and sunday. I'm hunting my close in spot for last time tonight, then its back to the back for me. Plan to get in early tomorrow so they can push them all to me

Comment

Shoot the typical!

Comment

Working...
                                X