No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a spot that was almost 2 miles in. Great looking spot. Huge white oak trees that all the leaves were disturbed underneath. Hunted it several times and never saw a thing. Might ho back out there and set up a camera. But I definitely need to get some cameras out and find a bike.

Comment

And remember ,, please don't post road names or locations on the main screen...

Comment

Hopefully the 3 or 4 good bucks I found are still hanging around that area. Find out in a week or so. Best place to look for a bike will prolly be pawn shops unless u find one on here.

Comment

yea as far as i can tell only my exs dad and son aree for sure down here also noticed some bike tracks seems as if someone is in the same area looks like im going in deeper or further off these trails found a nice game trail last year also had seen a nice buck here maybe can get him early in the season. Any one hunt the davey crockette forest? just wanted insight.

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
            yea as far as i can tell only my exs dad and son aree for sure down here also noticed some bike tracks seems as if someone is in the same area looks like im going in deeper or further off these trails found a nice game trail last year also had seen a nice buck here maybe can get him early in the season. Any one hunt the davey crockette forest? just wanted insight.
            Never have, but heard great things. Got a couple friends that do and they have had some success. But without a place to stay it is a real long drive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              Never have, but heard great things. Got a couple friends that do and they have had some success. But without a place to stay it is a real long drive for me.
              Spare room your welcome to anytime Damian...

Comment

Thanks Kevin, I may take you up on it again, how is Jesse doing? Still tolerating you .

Did y'all ever go goose hunting?

Comment

[QUOTE=huntinfool;5489517]Thanks Kevin, I may take you up on it again, how is Jesse doing? Still tolerating you .

Did y'all ever go goose hunting?[/QUOTE

pm sent

Comment

Pm replied.

Comment

I have one of our Eagle scouts that has taken a liking to archery. I have been giving him pointers for a couple years. Today he asked if I would go to BPS and help him pick out a stand. He wants to go bow hunting! Guess I got some more training to do....

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                        I have one of our Eagle scouts that has taken a liking to archery. I have been giving him pointers for a couple years. Today he asked if I would go to BPS and help him pick out a stand. He wants to go bow hunting! Guess I got some more training to do....
                        Way to go, Damian! Good luck to the young man.

Comment

Anyone scouting this week?

Comment

i will be on sunday morning when there is no one out there usually

Comment

Don't know if i will be this Sunday, but I would like to the following Sunday.

Comment

Planning on Sat

Comment

Working...
                                X