No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put coyote on the ground last Thursday.

Wrong time of the year to decide I want to start hunting but I guess I'll take some hogs & whatever else I find until next season.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
      Didn't I hear somewhere that ruger made a 10/22 mag for a short time but stopped because they had trouble with it? I haven't ever seen one myself, but would also like to add a mag of any brand to the collection one day.

Thinking of chasing some squirrels soon too. We have until mid February, right? I have a couple places out there I need to go snap some pics for school purposes, figure I can't pass up the opportunity to drop some furry critters while I'm at it.
      Squirrel season ends Feb.3 then starts back on May 1-31 ....

Comment

Seriously thinking about getting an early start tomorrow and going for some of those little gray furries. Got a spot in mind that I've also seen hogs that needs to be checked again. I need some pork and a side dish of furry tail stew

Comment

I thought that you couldn't use rim fire weapons in the National Forest? You might want to check on that!

Comment

Originally posted by FozzieBigBear View Post
            I thought that you couldn't use rim fire weapons in the National Forest? You might want to check on that!
            You can't use rimfire on deer. That's the only restriction the aph book says about it in the means and methods. Varmints are fair game with rimfire.

Comment

How well do yall do in the natl forest for squirrels? Ive never been but it sounds like a way to have some fun while scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan727 View Post
                How well do yall do in the natl forest for squirrels? Ive never been but it sounds like a way to have some fun while scouting.
                We have been doing good.... I love squirrel pot pie..... Find you some hard woods and post up for a little while , no action move on..... I have found most of my action in or near hard wood bottom land.. or around creek beds.

Buckchaser ,, I think you know which creek bed we are hunting ....

Comment

Kevin, Thanks for the tip. I haven't learned yet, how to find squirrels when I'm actually hunting them in the forest. I've got a good idea where to go look now, think Holly and I will try them in the morning.

Comment

Heading out there in a little while for some evening hunting ...

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                      You can't use rimfire on deer. That's the only restriction the aph book says about it in the means and methods. Varmints are fair game with rimfire.
                      Ok that must be where I got that from! Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Comment

It's fishing and hog hunting season!

Comment

I plan on making a trip in two weeks, to chase hogs and do some fishing. Found a couple ponds with some bass that are screaming my name.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360810473.364350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24170527 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360810492.468200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	24170528

This was last night on a guided hunt near Lake Jackson. This boar hog was about 175 pounds. I missed on the first shot, but hit him at a dead run! We were shooting an AR-15 with a night scope! I know this is a bow forum, but I had to share with you guys!

Comment

Nice pig Fozzie!

Since I'm kinda missing this form thought I'd post a pic of a little hog management I did myself. This was the third, and smallest, pig I whacked this past Saturday at my lease. The shoulders were blown up and the ribs were about the size of toothpicks but the hams and backstraps are crockpot bound.

Comment

Great job guys. Wish i could get out and shoot somethinh

Comment

Working...
                                X