"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Well, with my new job I have not been able to scout as much as I would like to this year. However, I have identified several locations where I believe I can kill several deer. I am going to need a mountain bike though. I do not think mine is worth fixing, so if anyone has one they will let go cheap......pm me!

This year looks promising. Post up how your doing. Also do we want to do an opening day lunch again?

I've been wondering when yall were going to start a new thread . Best to ya Damian, and all the rest .

Comment

I would like to meet y'all for luch.Frist year deer hunting last year seen deer and hogs this year will get scouting in earlier.

Comment

i already have pics off my game cam from here. i have two 10 pts and a nice 12 pt. only caught on cam once though. looking forward to this season even though i know i gave my spot up once last season to my ex ladys dad... hope they cant hunt to much this season.

Comment

Got 3 cams out right now, been out for 2 weeks gonna try to check them one day next week. Would like to find some pigs for target practice, know where some are but only seeing them after dark and haven't figured out where they going during day. Been all over the area during day and surrounding area just never see them butt got pics almost every night at like 2. Be nice if could get out and do some night hunting but oh well

Comment

Woo-hoo!! Been looking forward to this thread. This is gonna be the year! I can just feel it.

Comment

Now the countdown is officially on!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                i already have pics off my game cam from here. i have two 10 pts and a nice 12 pt. only caught on cam once though. looking forward to this season even though i know i gave my spot up once last season to my ex ladys dad... hope they cant hunt to much this season.
                You get me on one of those deer and I will make sure your ex-ladys dad is not a problem

If you can post up some pics, would love to see some great SHNF bucks.

I hope to get my cameras out soon.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to being back hunting after many years of just having to listen to stories. After reading last year's thread, I'm also really looking forward to hopefully making some new friends and being able to tap some of the vast knowledge that's available from this group.

Comment

lol well if you stay on this page long enough ill send you to a buck as sonn as i get the one i want also concidering holding them out for the next couple seasons maybe they will be much bigger. I have only hunted the national forestr here for 4 years now and every year i have found big deer. my secret is going where no one else will getting off those main trails and roads fallowing small game trails or simply just getting lost out there in the woods with a gps of course. i have found awesome spots this way with some nice bucks...good luck boys.

Comment

This will be my first year to hunt the forest since I was a kid. I'm looking forward to it. I was seeing if could get any tips on places to hunt that isn't over crowded. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                        lol well if you stay on this page long enough ill send you to a buck as sonn as i get the one i want also concidering holding them out for the next couple seasons maybe they will be much bigger. I have only hunted the national forestr here for 4 years now and every year i have found big deer. my secret is going where no one else will getting off those main trails and roads fallowing small game trails or simply just getting lost out there in the woods with a gps of course. i have found awesome spots this way with some nice bucks...good luck boys.
                        I hear ya. I have been doing the same. But lately people are getting deeper and deeper in the forest. Hike a mile or more in and someone sets up 60 yards away....

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          I hear ya. I have been doing the same. But lately people are getting deeper and deeper in the forest. Hike a mile or more in and someone sets up 60 yards away....
                          May be time to start rolling in to the forest about 8:30, 9 o'clock then set up next to my truck. By the time the guys that are way back in the woods start heading in I'll be set up to shoot the deer they're pushing out. That's an east TX deer drive for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            May be time to start rolling in to the forest about 8:30, 9 o'clock then set up next to my truck. By the time the guys that are way back in the woods start heading in I'll be set up to shoot the deer they're pushing out. That's an east TX deer drive for ya
                            Dang, you are a redneck! I am so proud!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                              Been lucky so far, dont think many people have gone as far in as i am. Atleast it doesnt look like that. Clocked it on the way out when i put cameras out and its 2.2miles and took us right at a hour to walk out....taking the bike next time lol

Comment

Working...
                              X