"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer in the freezer!

Ok guys, the new spot really paid off this morning and I filled my antlerless permit. This one will be made into pan sausage. Thank you lord!

I'm done in the Sam until muzzleloader season gets here. I will be headed back out this evening with Holly. She is going to try and get a deer under her belt also. I will be spectating or pig hunting.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job tmiddleton! Congrats

Comment

good lookin doe

Comment

Nice one T!!!
          She's a beauty bro!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Nice doe! Hope thats me smilin tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
                Doe down!
                Congrats!

Comment

Nice doe. Congrats

Comment

Heck ya T! Nice doe. Great job and well deserved.

Comment

Congrats Tod! You've had a pretty good season so far. Hopefully Holly gets one now. Good luck to everyone that's out there today. It's pretty warm and windy here at the house. Hopefully I can make it out there on Monday.

Comment

Sat for 8 hours today..... no gravy. I must have stunk up the forest enough to drive all the deer towards Tod. It was hard to even get down when I did, if I had brought some food with me I'd still be there. Still a good day though, the tree took me for a nice ride for the last couple hours. Maybe Monday will be the day. One can hope anyways.

Comment

Todd, congrats on the big mature doe

Comment

I saw zero movement after 7:00am. Just too darn hot and windy. Did see a six chase a doe across the road on my way out.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the congrats! Yes, I have had to put in a bunch of hours to get the two deer that I have gotten this year. Doe's, have been a challenge for me to find. I have had a great year and have been blessed for sure!

We are off a week during Thanksgiving, we will be camping at Cagle, so I will be spending my time concentrating on getting Holly on a deer. (She did see a not legal 6 point this evening) I will be chasing pigs with my recurve, if I can get one to show itself in the daylight. It will be fun to spend a week in the great outdoors!

We will be taking Sunday off, but if any of yall need some help looking for a deer, post up and I would be glad to help out.

Italian -- I hope to see some LDP's from you tommorow also!

Comment

Good job! Nice looking doe there.

Sure wish I'd gotten in on the doe permits this year. I really enjoy hunting does on the Sam.

Good luck to Holly.

Comment

Working...
                                X