"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
    You know I did! I think her "willingness" made that first spike a little nervous
    His first time can't be with a pro. :P

Comment

Reading about all this malarky with stupid people makes me wonder if hunting out there opening weekend would even be worth it.
      I hate staying home when its deer season but I know for a fact that if I head out to amateur hour weekend I'm only going to regret it. I might be persuaded easier if it was 20 degrees colder this weekend. I think that Ill just watch the green screen and head out later in the week after most of the yahoos go home.

Good luck to those brave enough to be out there, who knows maybe a WALKER will push one to ya. LOL

Comment

I think I'll stay till 1:30 then head home, I'm tired!

Comment

I had a doe broadside at 20 yards and I blew it when I shifted in my seat before trying to draw back. Back home now and glad to be here. I must have passed 30 trucks on 1375 from I45 to 149. No telling how many more were up the service roads, Stubblefield, etc.
          I did see 1 TBH sticker on what I think was a white RAM. Hard to tell at 70mph.

Comment

Where did all the deer go?

Comment

Kinda weird not to hear any at all shooting! Did everyone go home?

Comment

Originally posted by FozzieBigBear View Post
                Kinda weird not to hear any at all shooting! Did everyone go home?
                You know those weekend warriors don't do all day sits! They left their stands at 9 and headed back to camp for breakfast and a few drinks then lunch then more drinks then back out for their hardcore hunt at 430

Comment

I'm tired!

Comment

I'm tired!
                    Hang in there Fozzie!

Comment

Is the weather supposed to turn cold anytime soon?

Comment

Well I'm set up in spot #2 for the day. I went out for lunch and stopped at the check in station to see if anything has been killed today. Nothing on my side of town and only 3 have been checked in at New Waverly. Hopefully this evening pays off... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351965560.854087.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	24136871

Comment

That's rough! Where did they all go?

Comment

I don't know but I'm hoping they are about to wake up. The last pic I sent was my river stand. There is a bedding area to the right and a huge patch of oaks to the left. I have been saving this spot for rifle season because the average shot is about 60 yards out where they are crossing the river. Hopefully they start to come alive so I can put them back down!!! Lol

Comment

I might just call it a day! It's too hot!

Comment

I might just call it a day! It's too hot!
                                Don't give up Fozzie!!! The getting is just getting good. I just had a hard rain come trough for about 30 minutes solid and boy has it cooled things down. Hopefully it doesn't get to humid afterwards...

Comment

Working...
                                X