No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First round of pics.. All babies.. Not that it will stop me on public land. But then maybe that's part of the problem..

Last edited by Leftridge; 08-19-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Good looking spot! Hope you get on one of the not babies!

Comment

Few from spot 2

Comment

Plans changed so we got to go out tonight and scout around...saw some nice mature does and a few fawns...took some pics of the sunset...thought yall might enjoy them...it was a beautiful 73 out tonight!!! (thats momma and the kiddos off in the distance on the first two)

Comment

All I have on my camera is a big loner boar that I'm pretty sure is keeping my deer away. Went out tonight to try and kill him but no luck

Comment

I have not gotten a single buck on my camera, have moved it to several locations on the same unit. I have gotten many does and fawns, a pig, and a flock of turkeys, the same person twice, but no bucks as of yet. I am okay if the bucks will find the does when the time comes cause it seems the bucks are still in groups... just wish I was seeing some of my own groups hanging around. What are your thoughts?

Comment

I'm with ya man. I usually have deer all over my spot in the early season but not this year for some reason

Comment

Most of unit 22 was burned as well. We saw a couple of small non shooter bucks this morning on 37. Fairly green grass, best I've seen in several years.

Comment

Was out there Sunday, private land surrounded by LBJ, scouted both sides of fence, acorn tress are loaded, when they start falling find the right group of trees and it's better than hunting a feeder. We saw several deer and turkeys on both side of fence.

Comment

getting lots of rain up this way...gonna make those skeeters huge when the rain subsides!!! Everybody stock up on thermacells!!!

Comment

Uhoh, PastorIke watches trailer park boys??? That show got me through several deployments.

Comment

Originally posted by PastorIke View Post
                          getting lots of rain up this way...gonna make those skeeters huge when the rain subsides!!! Everybody stock up on thermacells!!!
                          Glad I got my thermocell last year! But it was after it got cold so I never got a chance to use it. Guess I will this year. I need to make my way out there to scout some. How are the snakes out there? As bad as at Whitney???

Comment

snakes are out...not real bad though...Thermacells work great...heard alot of debate on if the deer can smell it burning, In my experience deer dont know you are using it in a treestand or in a pop up. Killed deer in both set ups with the thermacell going. Only advice on it, is dont wait until you need it to light it, if you know the skeeters are bad, light it when you get out of the truck and have it going...it takes a little while to heat up and surround you with the protection that it offers. Ticks have been bad in areas, but nothing too overwelming.

and kharmon...I may have seen an episode or two!

Comment

I've only seen 1 snake this year out on unit 18. I just got my thermacell in June but I've used it at my house a lot. It does take a bit to heat up but when it does its like night and day. I'm excited to use it in the woods. Anyone been out to see the damage on 21 yet?

Comment

21 is pretty burnt up...everything from Rhodes lake east...the west side of the lake didnt burn suprisingly! Lots of rabbits running around trying to find shelter.

Comment

Working...
                                X