LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Hey Guys!!! I am still around. Had a rough year last year. My mom passed away at the end of the summer, so I had to go back to Tennessee to help take care of all that. Then I was doing electrical contracting in the oilfield and I never knew when I was coming or going (or sleeping) and I just recently quit doing that cause last year I really didnt get to see my family, get to hunt, go fish or ride my motorcycle at all last year. But Im back now...lets get out there and make some memories with our kids and stories for our fellow hunters and TBH'rs!!!

anybody been out Turkey hunting? I almost ran over a jake coming across the road in front of us out by Black Creek the other morning. Didnt see any others with him. If the rain holds out I might go out this weekend

Comment

I went up there several times during deer season and after rifle season started I literally didn't see a dang thing. Good luck on the turkey this year.

Comment

my first lbj baby to see this year
        Attached Files

Comment

game stalker...how do you put your game cams out on LBJ...I would like to think the best out of people, but Ive had alot of stuff stolen from me on public lands. Ive wanted to put cams out...but, ya know. Just wondered if you had some sort of system to lock the camera to the tree...cool pic btw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PastorIke View Post
            game stalker...how do you put your game cams out on LBJ...I would like to think the best out of people, but Ive had alot of stuff stolen from me on public lands. Ive wanted to put cams out...but, ya know. Just wondered if you had some sort of system to lock the camera to the tree...cool pic btw!!!
            I bought some wildgame cams a couple years ago on clearance for 29$ so it wouldn't be a big deal if some one got them. So far no one bothered any thing but they are only a couple hundred yards from my house

Comment

Is that on private or public? If it is public, I am not sure i would post pics with corn everywhere on the web. Just sayin.

Welcome back pastor Ike. Hope everything is moving in a positive direction for you now!

Comment

Ok, I've never shot or owned a bow. But really want to get one this year. What would y'all recommend?

Comment

emttex...best thing you could do for yourself is go to a bow shop and get properly measured for a bow. Some bow shops take in trade ins so you might get a good deal on one (used) you can also find one on craigslist at pretty good prices too once you find out what your measurements are. Then alot of it is preference. I shot hoyts for years until I felt like I was more than a mere "bowhunting season only" kind of shooter and then moved up to a mathews which in my opinion is the bees knees. Everyone has their own opinion of what is the best...best way to feel them out is actually go shoot some at a shop...most shops are very informative. I see you are in FT WORTH...Smithfield Archery is a great shop...might hit them up...they built one of my Mathews for me...great guys

Smithfield Archery & Outdoor
                  3733 N Beach St, Fort Worth, TX 76137
                  (817) 759-2220

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    Is that on private or public? If it is public, I am not sure i would post pics with corn everywhere on the web. Just sayin.
                    Doesn't look like corn to me. Maybe you need a bigger monitor? Just sayin.

Comment

emttex...this is where my last one was built too...

David's Outdoors
                      1448 Mineral Wells Hwy, Weatherford, TX 76086
                      (817) 594-0821 Website

Comment

Thanks PastorIke. I will take that advise.

Comment

Like they said the best way is to go to a true bow shop. cabelas and bass pro have bows but they arent in my opinion as well trained as a good bow shop, i went trew that when i first started went to bass pro then took it back went to ccr and got me a sweet Rampage xt blacked out

Comment

Game stalker sent you a PM, let me know if ya got it....

Comment

Hello all my family and I just moved to the Saginaw area and a co-worker let me in on the grasslands. However I am just wanting to solicit some advice as to how crowded the area is during deer season (I bow hunt only). Also have you had regular successful hunts in the grasslands? My guess is a fella has to be willing to make quite a long walk in to get to where the deer are. Thanks for any advice and God bless!
                              Semper Fi!
                              John 15:13

Comment

Working...
                              X