Hagerman hog hunt, 19-21 Jan 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post

You need to conduct the refuge. They set the hunt dates and TPWD only conducts the draw.

From what I've heard, the refuge moved the hunt dates to January because they typically conduct helicopter hog hunts in February. They did this in response to complaints about having public hunts after the helicopter hunts.
    There were some negative comments made on another website, I guess that Karen made enough noise to get the hunt dates changed. I don't agree, I would think a April/May/June, late summer would be doable, but not my decision- nor do I have any input.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

There were some negative comments made on another website, I guess that Karen made enough noise to get the hunt dates changed. I don't agree, I would think a April/May/June, late summer would be doable, but not my decision- nor do I have any input.
      Pretty sure that "Richard" was on here complaining too.

Comment

This has always been a fun hunt. I've done it several years, but didn't draw this year. I've gone out hiking/photographing the day after one of the aerial eradications and still found sounders napping/feeding out in the sun like nothing had ever happened. Its a target rich environment.

Comment

Working...
        X