No announcement yet.

LANWR- Laguna Atascosa Jan 05-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for allowing us to follow along with y'all! One more week till I'm down there for the Rifle - Exotic hunt. It will be my first time there also and couldn't be more excited!

Comment

Originally posted by GenrlSamBuseton View Post
      Thanks for allowing us to follow along with y'all! One more week till I'm down there for the Rifle - Exotic hunt. It will be my first time there also and couldn't be more excited!
      Man we could've killed at least one every day on a rifle hunt....except we were on unit 6 and it's not open for rifle. Darn!

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
        The anonymous legend tags the chalkboard again for another year before exiting the refuge.

Long live the Laguna Master!
        Do yall know if they had the board out for the hunters to fill out on their own or if the refuge staff updated it? I'm glad they brought it back, just wondering if that was all that was killed on the hunt of if that was all that people "logged". Staff used to update it daily.

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

Do yall know if they had the board out for the hunters to fill out on their own or if the refuge staff updated it? I'm glad they brought it back, just wondering if that was all that was killed on the hunt of if that was all that people "logged". Staff used to update it daily.
          We stopped by and checked it on our way out Tues eve and didn't see any staff around. I don't think they keep the board up anymore. I believe it's on the hunters to do it, but I don't know that for a fact.

Comment

Got back yesterday from my Exotic - Rifle hunt and was able to take a good bull! Had an incredible experience and looking forward to next time. Special shout out to Jzoch for a lot of good information. As far as the "kill board" it seemed to be pretty self managed. By the time in left Sunday only a few names on the board and I was aware of two other bulls that were taken that had not been put on the board.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also, got an interesting picture from my taxidermist this morning. Is this any on yall's? lol tough animals!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GenrlSamBuseton View Post
                Got back yesterday from my Exotic - Rifle hunt and was able to take a good bull! Had an incredible experience and looking forward to next time. Special shout out to Jzoch for a lot of good information. As far as the "kill board" it seemed to be pretty self managed. By the time in left Sunday only a few names on the board and I was aware of two other bulls that were taken that had not been put on the board.
                Uh-oh, who shot in unit 6? That's an archery only unit...

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

Uh-oh, who shot in unit 6? That's an archery only unit...
                  Uh oh is right...hopefully they just wrote the wrong number, but probably not.

Comment

W. Semmer, you done messed up! Feds are going to be calling

On a serious note, It would not surprise me if multiple hunters on rifle hunts go into the archery units each year.

Comment

Working...
                    X