X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
    Great memories for your boys that they will remember forever
    Amen! Yes sir!

While some disappointment was definitely felt, I got the reminder this week that that is ok too. My boys have been blessed to go on some pretty amazing adventures and a little disappointment here and there stirs the fire. Even though I always want them to be successful, that doesn't mean it's what is best for them.

Comment

Thank you for the writeup OleTomTalker sounds like it was still a great experience with your boys. My son and I will be there in a few weeks so your reply helps me formulate a game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post

Amen! Yes sir!

While some disappointment was definitely felt, I got the reminder this week that that is ok too. My boys have been blessed to go on some pretty amazing adventures and a little disappointment here and there stirs the fire. Even though I always want them to be successful, that doesn't mean it's what is best for them.
        sorry if i missed it, what caliber was your son shooting and did you see where the shot hit? do you know details on the 2 that were killed and found...caliber and shot placement? just taking notes here lol

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

sorry if i missed it, what caliber was your son shooting and did you see where the shot hit? do you know details on the 2 that were killed and found...caliber and shot placement? just taking notes here lol
          He shot a .308. Took a neck shot but my wife couldn't tell exactly where hit.

I believe other 2 were shot with .243 and 6.5 in shoulder. Both barely ran. One dropped in tracks, from heart shot. Remember their vitals are more forward than deer.

Comment

Ok, thank you... we have been loaned a 300win mag and a 7mmprc for the hunt, we should have enough gun, just figuring out where to be coaching the boys to shoot.

Comment

My bad, .270 with 130 grain Powerpoints not .243. Dad said it fell in tracks and lungs were destroyed when cut it open.

Comment

I found some good pics of vitals on a google search. Not having much luck on uploading pics on here anymore

Comment

Working...
                X