Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well crap,
    Good news Mr Bull didn’t see me or smell,
    Bad news he came in some funky way I wasn’t ready for, so didn’t have a good chance to draw back, he didn’t see me till i drew, right when he was about to go RESTROOM on the communal dung pile.

He was a perfect mid sized bull.

Broken hearted, jr didn’t see anything this evening

Tomorrow morning is our last chance
    we need some TBH mojo and some blind and stupid Nilgai
    Last edited by osochuck; 11-07-2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Man... Did he stop and look back at some point or just hauled tail when you drew? It's great to get some action though.

Good luck tomorrow! Somebody needs to draw some blood in the morning!

Comment

Anyone seeing Whitetails, we’ve seen quite a few Nilgai but only 3 deer while hunting.

Comment

We saw a few does in 2

Comment

Ain't nothing moving, hopefully now wind is up animals will feed & stop by my community dung pile

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

Sucks you missed on an opportunity but it's still good you had an opportunity! 6 whitetail and 8 nilgai is a good day too!

I can't wait til Jan when my turn comes around. Took my new ebike out for its first hunt today. I like it a lot. Can't wait to bring it to Laguna.
              Roy, which hunt are you on in Jan.? I'm on 1/12.

Comment

More later, board as 10am ish, not sure if its even this hunt
                Attached Files

Comment

Any rutting activity for whitetails?

Comment

Hunted till 9:30 saw nothing, on the way back to truck we were laughing and joking we spooked 3 does off deep in the woods. Jr said he had a blast and can’t wait to do it again. He has the bug.

Wanted to say how we both were impressed by how nice and informative everyone was.

Bicycle guy was super cool and just really supportive and gave lots of good info

Team Chevy at the hotel gave me ton of great input for yesterdays almost success. Also got great strategy for future hunts and getting drawn.

The Ford team at hotel was nice too and shared a crazy story. And good info for future hunts.

I was super impressed how the archery folks are just stoked to be there, no egos, i think everyone was more accepting its just freaking hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
                      Any rutting activity for whitetails?
                      We only saw does, no bucks, didn’t see any rubs either, maybe someone else saw more deer, hopefully y’all will get some good action

Comment

Did anybody ask the staff about kayaking or boating to 4?

nevermind. I went back and saw some posts that I missed that answered this.
                        Last edited by Lucky333; 11-08-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to go back to that place. I learned that Nilgai are some tough animals. I shot a bull and a cow on consecutive days and didn't find either one. I hit the bull high and never found blood but the cow looked like a perfect shot to me. I trailed her for close to 1/2 mile before I lost blood. I hunted the same area the last day and never saw any buzzards so I'm thinking she survived. If I had one piece of advice for anyone going it is too bring more mosquito spray than you think you will need. I've never seen anything like the mosquitoes where I was hunting.

Comment

Was my sons first time there and he enjoyed it. He got a shot on a spike @45 Yards (Shot for 40 so he missed low.) He saw some other whitetails as well.,I saw a couple of Nilgai, running, and 1 whitetail. I have been a few times before and can say there were fewer animals moving around and less killed according to the board. Only 7 total animals killed this year as apposed to +15 in previous hunts there. So it was a slower hunt with lots of Hunters moving around. No Rut activity that I saw.
                            Lots of mosquitos, ticks and chiggers this year.

Still a good hunt, Like there ever a bas one...

Had this big boy Hanging around the water hole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10122D7F-EF72-4461-8623-D090BDB78278.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	26636020

So be carful out there.

Comment

Working...
                            X