Laguna Atascosa 11/3-11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa 11/3-11/7

First time entered…first time drawn. I didn’t draw my New Mexico elk tag but I ended up drawing South Dakota deer-Davis Mountains Javelina- and now Laguna Atascosa. To top it all off I got a call last week that I got on a deer lease! So it looks like I’ll be in the field quite a bit this year!

Congratulations. We drew Laguna as well.

Comment

We drew Laguna Atascosa 11/10-14. Now the research and learning commences.

Comment

I drew 11/3-11/07 as well

Comment

Has anyone found a better map of the hunting area?

Comment

Look at the PDF they sent. It is at the bottom. look on google maps or earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              Look at the PDF they sent. It is at the bottom. look on google maps or earth.
              Yea i have that map, and hae been cross/comparing with google maps. was just curious if there was another map floating out there. TY

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
                Has anyone found a better map of the hunting area?
                If you have Onx you can go to the layers tab, select Texas, and turn on Texas hunt zones. It overlays the border of each unit.

Comment

I drew these dates as well. Still contemplating whether I'm going to go or not just because those dates are the best for whitetail here. Looks like a really fun and challenging hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post

If you have Onx you can go to the layers tab, select Texas, and turn on Texas hunt zones. It overlays the border of each unit.
                    Awesome - thats exactly what i needed to hear. Been wanting to play with ONX for years just havent had an excuse until now

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
                      I drew these dates as well. Still contemplating whether I'm going to go or not just because those dates are the best for whitetail here. Looks like a really fun and challenging hunt!
                      I have the same problem, just joined a new lease and the members have told me first weekend is usually the most action. On the other hand, this is the first hunt ive drawn after 5years of applications... an archery buck on public is a bucket list item for me.. Made up my mind that i am going. Only thing that would change my mind would be if a big storm comes right before or during the hunt.

I will go down Thursday to scout half a day, then hunt Fri-Mon. Not sure where i am staying yet. Pm if you want to throw some strategy at each other

Comment

We drew these dates as well and will be there. Always a fun time, but it is a challenging hunt.

Comment

Alright just got drawn!!! Son and I will be going, so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd Chance drawn here too! 11-10 to 11-14

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              2nd Chance drawn here too! 11-10 to 11-14
                              There's an 11/10 thread going you might check out, TBH has quite the representation for those dates.

Comment

Working...
                              X