No announcement yet.

***Official 2023-2024 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting and Fishing Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite free campsites when there's a South wind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240512_162223.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	26790348

Comment

I fished the dam yesterday but no takers. Then headed out to do some catfishing , I ended up at a flooded boat ramp and fished the parking lot the blues decided to make me happy. I called it quits when the rain showed up. It was a good day.

Comment

Storm, there's nothing like the rainy day blues.

Comment

Hey, just realized we are only 3.5 months out from the annual opening weekend no-dove, dove hunt, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Hey, just realized we are only 3.5 months out from the annual opening weekend no-dove, dove hunt, looking forward to it.
            I just gotta survive the summer heat.

Grandbury is releasing 11,533 cfs. It's been releasing 10K + cfs for the last couple days. This is gonna cause the river to rise a bit. Cleburne has been above normal and spilling some water into the Nolan river. But has dropped a good bit. PK is releasing 905 cfs.

W lake is 8.39 feet above normal and releasing 2737 cfs. And has been fairly constant for a little while.

A lake has dropped a good bit to 6.13 feet above normal. And has shut down it's release at the moment.

Comment

Hopefully Whitney normalizes, week of vacation in July at Cedron. Shad, strippers, some schooling whites- and beer.

Comment

My buddy got a decent little red boar this morning at whitney.
                Attached Files

Comment

Kill every one of those things you can, every chance you get!

Comment

Oh I know!! They are everywhere on the north side right now we saw 5 in the first 1/4 mile today that one let us get up close enough so it went away lol

Comment

Working...
                    X