***Official 2023-2024 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting and Fishing Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Official 2023-2024 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting and Fishing Thread***

It’s go time! Time to get ready come out of air-conditioned hibernation!

The Official 2023-2024 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Thread is here! I was asked to present the kick off for this thread this season, and I am honored.
    For any news, information, updates or for Lost and Found this thread has been helpful in the past and I hope that it can continue to be that way!

For any secret spots, tips, tricks or to find out when the rut is scheduled for your local area, call the game wardens for either Hill or Bosque as I’m sure they’d love answering that
    All jokes aside, this thread has been a blessing to me over the years, so I want to return the favor!

Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but the diligent man will get precious wealth. Proverbs 12:27

May the Lord bless your time in His creation.

May the Lord bless you with the ability to leave the cares of everyday life at the WMA gate or boat ramp.

May the Lord bring you friendships that extend beyond the woods and water.

May you honor God and others by leaving His creation better than you found it.

May the Lord grant you memories of this season that you cherish from now until the day that you see him face to face.

God honors hard work, and I pray that he would bless your efforts!
    But always remember that you’re not the only one out there working hard.
    And no matter how remote your spot, I can guarantee you that someone else has been there before.

Treat others better than you would like to be treated yourself.

As for safety...

Wear your hunter orange.

Don’t climb a tree without being attached! If you don’t have a safety harness or lineman’s belt, PM me. Every guy that fell out of a tree said, “it’ll never happen to me.”

I have a whole drawer full of safety harnesses. Prusik knots aren’t hard to tie, and carabiners are cheaper than hospital trips.

And lastly, if you see something unsafe, sketchy, or heaven forbid, poaching, report it.

I highly recommend adding the following emergency contacts to your phone:

Hill County Sheriff’s Office: 254-582-5313
    Bosque County Sheriff’s Office: 254-435-2362

TPWD Wardens

Hill County Game Warden: Hannah Scarbrough – 254-580-8317
    Bosque County Game Warden: Kenneth Isaacs – 254-326-8710
    Bosque County Game Warden: Randall Mullins – 254-717-2876

Ya’ll be careful out there, and if I run into you, say hi. Hopefully its at the gate though

Last edited by Kirby86; 08-14-2023, 11:29 PM.

Nice starter Kirby.

Are we doing a dove hunt opening weekend?

Comment

Thanks!

It’s time!

Praise God for His creation!

Comment

Thanks Kirby, time to renew the license and get this season underway.

Comment

Great kickoff Shane and thanks for the phone numbers. I hope we cross paths and meet one day (at a gate of course). Good luck to everyone and be safe out there.

Comment

Amen!

Great start Kirby!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Nice starter Kirby.

Are we doing a dove hunt opening weekend?
              Yes sir.

Comment

God is good all of the time! Great start Kirby and everyone have a blessed season!!

Comment

Thanks Kirby. I tried to renew my permit today but they aren't doing renewals until the 28th.

Comment

Let's goooo!!! Beautiful opening Kirby! I can't wait for opening day to be here!

Comment

you did a great job starting us off Kirby , now have to free up some time to start my scouting .

Comment

Texas Grown I will give you a bird report after I get out of the field tomorrow at 10 .

Comment

Sounds good Storm.

Comment

Great start Kirby!

I might be in for the dove hunt, pending how many birds also RSVP

Comment

After years and years of being able to get the permit on Aug 15th (or before that further back), and with so many people trying to get a permit on the 28th, and before Sept 1st, I hope the Whitney website server doesn't crash . Think they were going to do this last year, and changed it immediately after thinking about it. Think someone might have called them and tipped them off on it also. This could be a lotta people all trying to get a permit at the same time. And if it crashes, wonder how long it will be down before anyone gets a permit?

Comment

Working...
                              X