Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Law must Read !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This law is ridiculous. More about making a few landowners happy to keep the ambitious hunters from legally hunting public ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
      1) If you're a landowner or have proper authorization to hunt private land, you don't have to worry about this law and hunting too close, or in, the river. Are you going to call the law on yourself?
      I guess that would come down to a sense of one's integrity and ethics. Are you going to do the right thing? Or violate the law? The law is the law. We don't have to like it. But, until it's changed, it should be followed. And yes, if I had property that this affected, I would have to adjust the way it's hunted to stay within legal means. Or even quit hunting it till the law is changed.

2) This law was specifically created to put a stop to deer hunting in the public land of the riverbed. Unless you want to get close with buckshot.
      I agree with this. But it affects not just deer, either. This means a landowner or agent can not hunt/shoot pigs that may be running along or near the banks with anything but some kind of shotgun and shot. And we all know that pigs are no good. This is only going to add to the pig proliferation.

3) I'm sure there's been a few instances with trespassing, but the state took this away from all of us because of a few people that choose not to follow the rules.
      I totally agree. That and landowners (even some hunting ranches), as well as the anti-hunting public, and animal rights activist, that don't want people hunting in river or stream beds that butt up to, or run through, their properties.

Comment

In theory, this law will make all hunters along the public creek/river boundary follow the same rules as any property boundary. Don't shoot across the line unless you have permission to let your projectile(s) go across it.

It applies whether your in the river or out of it.

Comment

This bill actually renders 1/3 of my river grounds non huntable for species other than what can be kill with scatter gun. We watched the bill and sent multiple comments opposing it but it seemed to be railed through by some powerful people.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
          X